Our partner

Are people scared of you?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Are people scared of you?

Postby Smiley0723 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:38 pm

Are people afraid of you? What would your reaction be to someone you care about being afraid of you?
Smiley0723
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:32 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Are people scared of you?

Postby Manners73 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:24 pm

I can never understand why anyone would be afraid of me but I have been told that people are/have been.

If I knew someone I cared about was scared of me I'd try to find out what it is about me that makes them scared and do my best to do something about it.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:32 pm

Postby jaus tail » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:04 am

i've been often told to control my anger. n been told that i get angry very easily. now i'm consciously trying to let go of the anger or at least be prepared before facing any triggers.
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby sickofbeinginvalid » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:35 am

At first glance, no...

After an outburst? Absolutely.

My rages can be absolutely devastating and cut throat. I am pretty keen on reading people and can easily pinpoint their weaknesses and will not hold back in a second if I go into my states of rage. It’s also extremely and terrifyingly apparent by my facial expressions how much anger I have in those moments. I’ve been so far gone at points in these episodes that I’ll just repeat the same thing over and over again without even realizing it or that I have fully lost my mind. That is what borderline psychosis looks like in this disorder. Going completely to the deep end and then coming out of it not even knowing (on an emotional not so much an intellectual level) if the person yelling was you or not.
sickofbeinginvalid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:32 pm

Postby createmeover » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:52 pm

not at first even though i have a cold and snobby detached approach.. but i think most people arent afraid of that per se. however when i start gaining someones trust and start feeling at ease with them which is a huge step for me because i go from nothing to all , thats when i start feeling a bit too much demanding controloing possesive jealousy and sometimes create fights which make people wary and they detach a bit which makes me even angrier and i create an even darker scenario which shortly frightens them and gets them to think im crazy and cut contact with me. i never have this kind of behaviour with anyone im bound to daily offline though. unless its family.
createmeover
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby createmeover » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:54 pm

sickofbeinginvalid wrote:At first glance, no...

After an outburst? Absolutely.

My rages can be absolutely devastating and cut throat. I am pretty keen on reading people and can easily pinpoint their weaknesses and will not hold back in a second if I go into my states of rage. It’s also extremely and terrifyingly apparent by my facial expressions how much anger I have in those moments. I’ve been so far gone at points in these episodes that I’ll just repeat the same thing over and over again without even realizing it or that I have fully lost my mind. That is what borderline psychosis looks like in this disorder. Going completely to the deep end and then coming out of it not even knowing (on an emotional not so much an intellectual level) if the person yelling was you or not.

this is me :oops:
createmeover
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post