Our partner

Marijuana abuse?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Marijuana abuse?

Postby easyy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:15 pm

Any of you abuse or use marijuana?

I've been diagnosed with bdp 1 year ago. I've been smokin pot since I was 12, and now I'm 25.
I've met a borderliner yesterday and she said I should really lay off that stuff. This made me wonder, do any of you use it? do you also have experiences when not using it for a while? What are the effects on you? Negative or positive?

Lately I've heard some mild bad news, and got me from bein euphoric and full of life, too depressed in a matter of hours. I don't really feel anything anymore for 3 days now, and suicidal thoughts are kicking in again. The news I heard wasn't actually so bad as it first seemed, but I can't seem too pick myself up after reacting too the seemingly "bad" news.

Does marjiuana make my emotion regulation worse? I know for a fact that I don't see reality for what it is right now, because I truly feel everyone ######6 hates me. Rationally I know there is absolute no reason for everybody too hate me, but I just can't shake the feeling.

I'm thinking about quitting tomorrow, because although I manage everyday tasks, I feel dreadfull inside and I avoid friends and family (which I don't want to actually)

I'd love to hear your experiences.
cheers
easyy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Marijuana abuse?

Postby Remember Ronni » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:00 pm

I think you should be guided by how it makes you feel. Some people suffer anxiety and paranoia and it probably doesn't help if you're the impulsive type because like alcohol this could lower inhibitions.

To answer your question I have been smoking it for over 20 years and I have BPD. Contrary to what you said I actually find this works better than any medication I have ever been prescribed for my mental health issues. For me it softens the rough edges, so I don't get over angry or overly suicidal. It is probably my only real coping mechanism aside from sleep which works well too for me.

It's not like that for everyone though which is why I say be guided by how it makes you feel. From what you say it does seem as if it might be giving you some paranoia issues. So give it a break and see how it feels. It isn't physically addictive though it might affect your sleep for a few days. Try it, see how you feel when you don't smoke it.

I take breaks from it and when I worked I only ever smoked it in the evenings or at weekends. What I notice during the longer breaks is that my emotions are more intense and harder for me to regulate. But it affects people differently, like meds. What works for me may not work in the same way for others. The only way you're going to know is to stop for a while. And obviously take care if you're also taking other meds because they may not work so well or might have different side effects if you're also using cannabis too.
Diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD)
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post