Our partner

Frustrated about having BDP

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Frustrated about having BDP

Postby easyy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:17 pm

I've been diagnosed and in treatment for 1 year. Although I've learned alot about myself, and my reactions & behaviours, I am completely scared and frustrated to have to live with this condition for the rest of my life.

I knew something was wrong with me when I was around 12. I always was extremely insecure about myself and everything I do, and still am to this day. In the following 13 years (I'm 25 now) I've done everything to prove myself I'm not a piece of scum.

I tried to develop myself as a men, and started training fighting. I've won all my matches, alot with knockouts. I also was insecure about myself and women, so I tried to sleep with and have relationships with woman I was attracted too as much as I can. I quit smoking weed and started going to an prestigious College, finished it and also got a license as a personal trainer.

On paper I am very proud of myself of what I achieved, especially from the background of being the weird loser as a kid. Yet I exactly feel like the weird loser I felt I was as a kid.

I'm starting too think this is just who I am, no matter what I achieve, how many validation I get from peers or whatever.

I am truly unhappy about life and especially about the person I am. I always hope for a better tomorrow but after so many years it almost seems that these are just the cards that have been dealt to me.

My true wish for life is to finally be confident about myself, and attract the people who can see the good in me without me rejecting them. I'm not suicidal or anything (I used to) but I do feel hopeless.
easyy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Frustrated about having BDP

Postby sickofbeinginvalid » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:32 am

Whenever someone else or I is having these feelings due to BPD I always say wait 5 minutes and then you/I will be dancing in the living room...

Kidding... kind of...

But on a serious note I know exactly how you feel about being frustrated about not feeling like life is fulfilling or as if you are completely empty and depleted. It’s absolutely tormenting and is difficult to articulate sometimes. I wish I could fill you up with so much love that you didn’t have to feel this pain anymore. I wish we could all feel full.

The highs are great but then the lows are a tragic crash of melancholy and a general sense of aimlessness.

You can get through this. Us borderlines are super strong.
sickofbeinginvalid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:10 pm

Re: Frustrated about having BDP

Postby easyy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:38 pm

sickofbeinginvalid wrote:Whenever someone else or I is having these feelings due to BPD I always say wait 5 minutes and then you/I will be dancing in the living room...

Kidding... kind of...

Funny that you mentioned this as a joke. Because in alot of cases it's actually true. Friday I felt hopeless and I had semi-suicidal thought, Saturday was one of the best days I've had this month.

When I was younger and felt good, I would look back at the moments I was severly depressed for a day or two, and thinking I was being a wuss because I felt better in no time.

Even though everytime I feel better, I always have this lingering feeling and thought in my mind that I can get depressed in a split second.

I feel better now as we speak, but every day I wake up it feels like it's 50/50. My biggest fear is that I will have more bad days then good days in my life, like how it was when I was growing up.

We borderliners are super strong, I believe that too, but man it's a ######6 rollercoaster ride and I want too get off.
easyy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:10 pm

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post