Our partner

Does anyone else feel a weird urge to act like a troll?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Does anyone else feel a weird urge to act like a troll?

Postby sickofbeinginvalid » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:05 pm

I don’t know. I feel like sometimes I get weird urges to message people and just say the most random $#%^. Last night I messaged like 10 people off my snap and told them I hope they beat someone up and make them cry for mom. Obviously I don’t really want anyone to be hurt and it wasn’t like I was threatening the person or anything but I know that sometimes people find it annoying. I also sometimes will say something really weird to people when I’m with them and then quickly say “just kidding”. My roommate actually called me out for it once and said she finds it manipulative... but idk why I do it. Maybe for the attention or shock factor? It’s weird. Can y’all give me some insight?
sickofbeinginvalid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Does anyone else feel a weird urge to act like a troll?

Postby ChasingSanity » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:22 pm

I get the urge to do it because sometimes i like a fight!
ChasingSanity
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:50 am

Postby Remember Ronni » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:34 pm

I think it's more of a human thing than a BPD thing. And sure I am betting a lot of people think about and some actually do it. The reality however is that for the most part someone is going to get hurt or scared. It is also a criminal offence in many places and ISPs will ban you for stuff like that.
For the sake of a few minutes of giggling it could lead to a whole heap of trouble for all conerned. There's nothing wrong in thinking it, but when you weigh up the potential consequences is it really worth actually doing it?
Diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD)
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:20 am

Postby easyy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:23 am

Could be an attention thing.

Perhaps when growing up you felt unheard, unseen and just invisible at times. Maybe this is a cry for attention because you fear your being invisible again.

Could be, I dont't know you well enough
easyy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:20 am

Postby Manners73 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:04 pm

sickofbeinginvalid wrote:I don’t know. I feel like sometimes I get weird urges to message people and just say the most random $#%^. Last night I messaged like 10 people off my snap and told them I hope they beat someone up and make them cry for mom. Obviously I don’t really want anyone to be hurt and it wasn’t like I was threatening the person or anything but I know that sometimes people find it annoying. I also sometimes will say something really weird to people when I’m with them and then quickly say “just kidding”. My roommate actually called me out for it once and said she finds it manipulative... but idk why I do it. Maybe for the attention or shock factor? It’s weird. Can y’all give me some insight?

I don't get the urge to behave in such a way but I have quite a short attention span and I find it really hard to take serious situations seriously so I probably do bahave this way unintentionally.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:20 am

Postby createmeover » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:18 pm

this happens to me all the time lately specially with people who are sick of my $#%^ :(
and my humour can get pretty dark
createmeover
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:20 am

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post