Our partner

Only happy when with a FP

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Only happy when with a FP

Postby Bossroach » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:45 am

The pattern is that I feel depressed and lonely and worthless for a long time, then I find someone who seems to be similar to me and have the same needs or they like me, then I get attached to them and literally feel stupefied when spending time with them, content and peaceful. Until they get tired of my neediness and ditch me. Wash rinse repeat

Anyone can relate?
Bossroach
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Only happy when with a FP

Postby lilyfairy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:00 am

Yes. Possibly even to the point of feeling like I have a connection to them more than they feel a connection to me. Not sure if there's an answer or way around it, but yeah, I get it too.
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:22 am

Re: Only happy when with a FP

Postby easyy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:19 pm

It feels like my whole life is revolving about finding that connection and never letting go.

I'm still young so I've had a person who I never wanted to let go once in my life. She felt the same as me (maybe both bdp, I only know for sure I have it) and it was a damn rollercoaster ride.

On the one hand I want the relationship, on the other hand I don't want to experience something like that ever again. The emotions were so intens.

It's been 3 years since we broke off, and I didn't let anyone get close anymore since then.
easyy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:22 pm

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post