Our partner

Cant accept someone being mad at me yet still loving me?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Echinacea, lilyfairy

Cant accept someone being mad at me yet still loving me?

Postby sickofbeinginvalid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:46 pm

I feel like it is impossible for me to accept grey areas. It feels like If someone is mad at me they HATE me. And when I get defensive and express that I feel like someone is being cruel to me that makes them even more mad? I don’t understand it. I feel like I’m crazy, because people never seem to understand my point of view. Maybe I am projecting? I don’t know it feels like I must just be a terrible person if people can get so mad at me and seemingly hate me easily... it feels like no one ever has empathy for me sometimes.
sickofbeinginvalid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 10:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Cant accept someone being mad at me yet still loving me?

Postby Wantpeace » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:10 pm

I also find it hard to believe someone still loves me, when they are mad at me. And I notice people almost never are able to empathize with me either. I have to really go out of my way to explain myself, after the other person has calmed down. I have even had to ask people for an apology for hurting my feelings or being mean to me. I am always saying I'm sorry to other people, but when I get hurt I have to explain to them that they hurt my feelings.

It is so hard to not end up being bitter with how insensitive people are.
Wantpeace
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 10:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post