Our partner

Anyone else really triggered by texting?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Echinacea, lilyfairy

Anyone else really triggered by texting?

Postby stormsandsea » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:09 am

I feel like texting aggravates so many of my symptoms, particularly how I doubt myself so much and how I wonder if the person even really likes me at all. I hate trying to compose the 'perfect' message and I hate how I obsessively review my response before sending, all because I'm so self-conscious about seeming dumb, or, in other words, rejection-sensitive.

But the worst trigger has to be when somebody has been consistently texting me and then suddenly they don't reply in their usual time frame. And then I feel super anxious and spacey, and I keep questioning if I did something wrong or if they'll ever talk to me again. I'll convince myself that this is it, they're going to ghost me, time to completely emotionally detach and prepare myself to be let down. Obviously there's a chance they aren't replying for reasons totally unrelated to me, and my logical half sees that, but the BPD half refuses to believe it until I get a response.

This only typically happens if I've been texting someone a LOT, i.e., every single day multiple times a day. When this sort of thing happens, it makes me lose total faith in the person which is so ridiculous and frustrating if they do end up texting me at a later date and have a reason for not replying. I know it's wrong to wish for someone to constantly be available to text. This is a good reminder as to why I don't let myself get close to people.

:|
stormsandsea
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 10:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anyone else really triggered by texting?

Postby octopustentacles » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:18 pm

Yes.

I dont really go over my resposes though or I wont send them. I just try to write them quickly and send them before I change my mind.
octopustentacles
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Anyone else really triggered by texting?

Postby Wantpeace » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:57 pm

I hate texting. I also get very offended and feel abandoned by not getting a reply. I usually just call the other person after a text or two.

When I have to text someone and I am unsure if they will reply soon, I send it and then delete it right after. I go out of my way to distract afterwards too. It's THAT stressful for me.

Or if they take a long time to reply, I delete it. Deleting helps me not keep seeing it and being reminded of everything. I wish I had a better way to cope with this as I lose contact with people, but it's just too much work and trying to guess what's going on with them. And then when they do reply, I am annoyed with them already, lol.
Wantpeace
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post