Our partner

Medications

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Echinacea, lilyfairy

Medications

Postby valeriam » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:14 am

Hi! I was diagnosed with BPD almost 2 years ago now, I have the most amazing therapist who is more or less on call for me and has worked so hard with me to recover. I feel like my insight into my thoughts, feelings and reactions has improved so much but I still find myself feeling rejected/unwanted by my partner over tiny things.

I wondered if my medication is not right. I'm currently on a low dose of amitriptyline to help me with anxious feelings that often occur at night. I haven't really seen the effects of this in almost 2 months and I know it's typically used for treating depression.

Before this I was on Lexapro (escitalopram) daily and Valium (diazepam) when needed. With Lexapro I experienced low libido and my sex life was impacted, but it worked pretty well with my anxious thoughts and paranoia.

I'm wondering if anyone else has found a medication that has worked for them and that doesn't impede sex drive too much (I'm sorry but this is important for me!). If the Lexapro didn't wipe out my libido I would've stuck with it but the lack of libido caused its own issues!
valeriam
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Medications

Postby Wantpeace » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Hi, I am curious what’s the dosage for your amitriptyline medication?

As far as medication for insecurity issues, the only thing I know that could help with that is therapy. I haven’t heard of medication helping with insecurity, itself. A therapist might be able to give you advice on how to deal with your specific fears and concerns, as well as validating your feelings about it. I recommend keeping a journal and dumping out all of your insecurities out on paper when you’re in the middle of a stressful time too. It kind of feelings like talking to someone else without having to actually tell anyone. I do this when I am not into sharing how I’m feeling with my loved ones.

Also, have you discussed with your partner your feelings of rejection and being unwanted? He might need to learn to reassure you when you’re feeling that way. It makes a world of difference when your partner is on board supporting and reassuring those doubts.
Wantpeace
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun May 19, 2019 9:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post