Our partner

My boyfriend is the best man I’ve ever met but I ruined it

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Echinacea, lilyfairy

My boyfriend is the best man I’ve ever met but I ruined it

Postby ijustwannabenormal » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:20 am

By saying mean things. He says he gets hurt by me a lot and feels alone when he’s with me. I told him I was settling for him and he’s broke, and I hate having to drive him around. But he’s actually an amazing guy who put effort into getting a real job and he walks there if he has to. He takes me out and pays for everything. I told him we’re not compatible and I don’t expect this relationship to last more than a year because he doesn’t want kids and I do, which is legitimate I guess. But I feel bad for making him feel bad and I just should’ve kept it to myself. He treats me really well and really wants to love me. How do I undo all the things I said and show him I truly love and care for him?
ijustwannabenormal
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 7:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My boyfriend is the best man I’ve ever met but I ruined it

Postby RamadanSteve » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:46 pm

ijustwannabenormal wrote:By saying mean things. He says he gets hurt by me a lot and feels alone when he’s with me. I told him I was settling for him and he’s broke, and I hate having to drive him around. But he’s actually an amazing guy who put effort into getting a real job and he walks there if he has to. He takes me out and pays for everything. I told him we’re not compatible and I don’t expect this relationship to last more than a year because he doesn’t want kids and I do, which is legitimate I guess. But I feel bad for making him feel bad and I just should’ve kept it to myself. He treats me really well and really wants to love me. How do I undo all the things I said and show him I truly love and care for him?

From what it sounds like, it seems like you were being pretty honest with him although maybe too brutally honest, that's something I'm accused of being often. Maybe you guys won't work out in the end but you can still like and respect him and he can do the same vice versa. Sometimes people just aren't compatible for whatever reason, it's not something you have to feel guilty over.
RamadanSteve
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu May 23, 2019 8:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post