Our partner

BPD Male Here, New to Boards

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Echinacea, lilyfairy

BPD Male Here, New to Boards

Postby BrittleCrystal » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:19 am

Hello everyone. I am a 35yo Borderline male who lives in the Northeastern United States. I am just starting to try to overcome my illness, though I've been aware of it since I was about 20.

I have a history of self-harm - hitting myself, burning, other - and severe substance abuse issues. I've caused myself brain damage while attempting to "drink myself to death". I thought I would never recover at all.

I have a partner who loves me deeply. I start seeing a psychologist on Tuesday. I haven't been in therapy for a decade.

If anyone wants to say hello and/or has any questions I would appreciate it. Otherwise, hello to you all! I will be frequenting this section of the forum, as BPD is my main diagnosis...
BrittleCrystal
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun May 19, 2019 9:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: BPD Male Here, New to Boards

Postby jaus tail » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:44 am

Hello,
i struggle with identity issues. havent been diagnosed with bpd though.
as of late the identity issues are frustrating.
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 2:19 am

Re: BPD Male Here, New to Boards

Postby stormsandsea » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Hello, and welcome. Good for you for starting therapy again -- I'm working on that now, too. Been in and out of therapy for short periods of time for the last eight years, but I'm taking it seriously for the first time in my life. I'm even considering group therapy to push myself out of my comfort zone. Are you going the DBT route?
stormsandsea
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun May 19, 2019 9:19 pm

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post