Our partner

In your perspective, where's the line between abuse and ....

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Echinacea, lilyfairy

In your perspective, where's the line between abuse and ....

Postby NotAsCrazyAsIThought » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:03 am

....Respectively playing/joking to abusively toying with people.
... to just a needed and fair punishment, like a sibling hitting and scaring the kid, or maybe even restricting the child.
(I think the sensible nature of every kid makes it seem worse than it actually is, so kid grows up thinking it was abused)

where's the line that defines what's abuse and what's not for you?

Not only in these situations, but many others like jobs, familiar stuff, relationships etc.

Keeping in mind that it's an abuser and abused situation, some people are prone to have a victimist mindset, and then they blame everything and everyone around them, then everything is abuse. Or they're just more sensible and/or less tolerant, so in their perspective, it is actually abuse.

On the other hand, some abusers "hurt" others because they're more tolerant, and generally takes things less seriously, so in their mind they're not really abusing, but just friendly playing with others.

the parent who thinks is doing the right thing, but in the kid perspective, it's a horrible thing. Is an example.
I come from a place where my language works very differently from english. Forgive me if I sound confusing or if I misunderstand anything.
NotAsCrazyAsIThought
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: In your perspective, where's the line between abuse and ....

Postby NotAsCrazyAsIThought » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:44 pm

. I
I come from a place where my language works very differently from english. Forgive me if I sound confusing or if I misunderstand anything.
NotAsCrazyAsIThought
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post