Our partner

Anyone been diagnosed with both BPD and ASPD?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Echinacea, lilyfairy

Anyone been diagnosed with both BPD and ASPD?

Postby ASPDBPD91 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Recently been diagnosed with both disorders and can’t find much info online regarding the comorbidity. I suffer from the fear of abandonment, unstable self image, black and white thinking, splitting, self harm, depression and anxiety from Bpd and lack of empathy, lack of remorse and guilt, lust for violence, manipulation, explosive anger and superficial charm to name a few of my Anti-social traits. Wondering in general about people’s lives on here who’ve had the same diagnosis? Therapy, relationships, medication etc. Thanks.
ASPDBPD91
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anyone been diagnosed with both BPD and ASPD?

Postby ASPDADHDETC » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:59 pm

I have both
my mania is more vengeful and my ASPD worsens during that time however I never have sucidial thoughts only homocidal thoughts, my anger is explosive but I can control when it is released so it doesnt interfere in business and I dont get caught retaliating. My self image definitely goes from less than garbage to a notch less than Einstein.
I go through phases when dealing with people. creating persona's or seeing how much of my mind they can handle.

I have in my 34 years of life never loved anyone expect for my child, and it wasnt until the day they were born that I decided to be more cautious of how and when I was myself. I have since that day tried and continue to try and set them up so I am no longer required but that is what all other parents do so I am just doing it but of course better than most.

I have not been successful on anything other than stimulant medication for ADHD and where I live on-going care is almost non existent, I am in a relationship with my child's other parent however I have never loved them and some days when I tire of the mask it shows but going on 12 years and I have been faithful-ish. Sometimes I think my self harm is staying faithful along with my binge and starve cycles...

There is so much to talk about regarding how these things intersect. I am not interested in "getting better" but instead understanding myself more.... Do you have a desire to be better ?
ASPDADHDETC
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:25 am

Re: Anyone been diagnosed with both BPD and ASPD?

Postby ASPDBPD91 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:46 pm

A desire to get better in the sense of not going to prison, spending most of my money on alcohol and not ######6 up my relationship then yes. Anything other than those things I don’t really care about to be honest. I really enjoy inflicting violence on people and fantasise about it most of the day when I’m not crippled with anxiety. Impulse to do it can be too much at times especially when alcohol is involved. See I used to think I felt bad for things I’d done but it would only be when I was feeling anxious so figured out it was more fear of the consequences than any guilt or remorse. I don’t think all ASPD sufferers are incapable of love like I know I am with my current girlfriend but wouldn’t say I was with girls in the past who I cheated on multiple times including my ex wife. Maybe a bit more of a conditional love but love none the less.
ASPDBPD91
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:25 am

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post