Our partner

Extremely Confused. In need of advice.

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Echinacea, lilyfairy

Extremely Confused. In need of advice.

Postby Zchevy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Hey guys,

Ive always had the feeling that I was a little different than everyone else. Things just seem to come easier to others and they seem to have a willpower that I dont but desperately want. I used to think I just had issues with anxiety but recently have thought that im depressed, anxious, bipolar, and now BPD.

Looking back Ive always been somewhat needy and needed validation from others but not constantly like every day. At some points in my life ive been completely fine being alone. Its easier when I have a job and car and things to keep myself busy. But every so often my laziness catches up to me and i get into a #######5 situation and friends and family have gotten sick of this and refuse to talk to me as much. At one point I was taking klonopin for my anxiety and things were going great. I had a better handle on things but was just a little lost in life. I feel like I do fit the criteria for BPD and some days are much worse than others but I dont ALWAYS feel like I want someone there for me i just go through periods where I dont feel like i can do it on my own, usually when i ###$ up, because my anxiety acts up. Ive had OCD symptoms for years as well but theyve lessened quite a bit. Before i thought there was something seriously wrong with me I was able to manage my life somewhat but this has thrown me into a very depressed state and i dont know what to do. Am i just obsessing or am I really BPD.
Zchevy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Extremely Confused. In need of advice.

Postby jaus tail » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:52 am

Ive always had the feeling that I was a little different than everyone else.

i think to some extent everyone feels like this at times. we think we're special or that we're different. genius. or something.

Things just seem to come easier to others and they seem to have a willpower that I dont but desperately want.

could be. but we never know the amount of effort the other person has put into to achieve their goal. we only see the final result n not the effort.

I used to think I just had issues with anxiety but recently have thought that im depressed, anxious, bipolar, and now BPD.

anxiety is a terrible thing to have. i struggle with it. i cant have a face to face conversation with anyone. i freak out. at my work place i would rehearse the conversation in my mind n then approach the boss.

Looking back Ive always been somewhat needy and needed validation from others but not constantly like every day. At some points in my life ive been completely fine being alone. Its easier when I have a job and car and things to keep myself busy. But every so often my laziness catches up to me and i get into a #######5 situation and friends and family have gotten sick of this and refuse to talk to me as much. At one point I was taking klonopin for my anxiety and things were going great. I had a better handle on things but was just a little lost in life. I feel like I do fit the criteria for BPD and some days are much worse than others but I dont ALWAYS feel like I want someone there for me i just go through periods where I dont feel like i can do it on my own, usually when i ###$ up, because my anxiety acts up.

there are times when we need help n at times we can manage stuff on our own. like if there's a fire in my house i wouldnt try to douse the fire myself. i'd call the firebrigade or rather i'd scream for help n expect some neighbor to call the firebrigade while i run out of the house.

and at times we can do stuff on our own. like when i had to file taxes, i googled up the procedure n got the work done myself.

i think there are no absolutes in life. its only in movies n sitcoms where people say, 'i've always done stuff by myself, n i've always been my own hero, or i dont like to take help.'
while it's good to be independent n do stuff on your own, we dont have to be superman. its ok to ask for help from friends or neighbors or even strangers.
like if my loved one is crossing the street n a car is approaching i'd rather want someone to help my loved one than prefer the loved one to get out of the way on their own.

Ive had OCD symptoms for years as well but theyve lessened quite a bit. Before i thought there was something seriously wrong with me I was able to manage my life somewhat but this has thrown me into a very depressed state and i dont know what to do. Am i just obsessing or am I really BPD.

unfortunately its against the rules to diagnose anyone on this forum. there are some ocd videos that helped me.
youtube: search for mark freeman you are not your thoughts.
mark freeman how to deal with terrible thoughts.
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:09 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post