Our partner

Everyday triggers and any solutions?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Echinacea, lilyfairy

Everyday triggers and any solutions?

Postby Mumatthebeach » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:33 am

Hi all, I've been thinking of BPD as a day-to-day experience and prob when someone is well. When you are feeling well and things are ok, do you still have any triggers and how do you manage them?

My usual trigger: I have this close friend that disappears on me - won't answer my texts and phone messages. We used to live a street away - so if I didn't hear from her right away, I would just go to her house! But now we live 45mins away from each other. It used to be the case when I didn't hear from her, it was like my soul was being ripped apart, I'd have hours of anxiety, and then I would fixate on the thing I said wrong or didn't say and beat myself up about it until I would hear from her. I'm much better now that I've gotten to understand her stuff better. Now I eat a big bowl of Cheerios! And then get a terrible stomach ache in the middle of the night. 41-year-old borderline!
Mumatthebeach
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Everyday triggers and any solutions?

Postby patientxgreece » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:23 am

Such things as an unanswered message or something used to trigger my towards full blown bpd paranoia. Now I am not totally indifferent but i can handle it. However I had to cancel an appointment with my therapist and this triggered abandonment for some crazy borderline reason I cannot explain haha. It was me who cancelled but I felt really weird. Other possible triggers are a conflict with an FP for example or ppl invalidating my feelings. But after 2,5 years f therapy I am able to show a bit self compassion.
patientxgreece
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post