Our partner

Books: PTSD & Trauma

Self Help Books about Trauma message board, open discussion.

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:30 pm

I think in terms of those books posted you can't go wrong, they are all self-help books.

Perhaps get one like the workbook since you are dealing with so many symptoms, at least with that it can give you tips on how to deal with things.

Or go to your library or bookstore and browse the books there and purchase the one that you think could help.
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby SaharaRose » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:27 am

A book that I have found very helpful is "Life After Trauma - A Workbook for Healing" by Dena Rosenbloom and Mary Beth Williams.
SaharaRose
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:41 pm

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:22 am

SaharaRose wrote:A book that I have found very helpful is "Life After Trauma - A Workbook for Healing" by Dena Rosenbloom and Mary Beth Williams.

Thank you for posting it SaharaRose, it seems like an interesting book.. may look into that myself. :D
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:41 am

Re: Books: PTSD & Trauma

Postby Angelofmercy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:07 pm

The One that helped me the most, was "The Courage to Heal" It has a companion workbook to it. It was my Bible when I was first recovering. It's written by Ellen Bass and Laura Davis. I'm a survivor as well as a Psych Nurse, and I often used coping skills and exercises from the book with my patients.
It's not a book to try and deal with on your own....but it's great to work with a therapist with it

~Holly~
It's the Dance of Life that makes us whole. When you get the chance.....Dance
Angelofmercy
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:41 am
Blog: View Blog (10)

Re: Books: PTSD & Trauma

Postby BiB » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:55 pm

Trauma and Recovery - Herman, Judith Lewis very helpfull and surprising seeing how a woman can know and have a deep holistic comprehension of trauma only trough her empathy.
I dont remember being so much focused on recovery but help a lot being understood and express, all your world become verb and find an explanation, also against critics.
Reaches its perfection when explain why terapist get wrong when try to make the patient forgive the persecutor/s.
-------

Sorry for my English, Im not a native.
BiB
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Previous

Return to Trauma

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views