Our partner

always feeling like something bad is going to happen

Self Help Books about Anxiety message board, open discussion.

always feeling like something bad is going to happen

Postby iwanttolearn » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:10 am

Hello, how are you? I have never been diagnosed with anything but lately for months I have been feeling anxious that something bad is going to happen. Furthermore, there is also separation anxiety at the moment. I have a friend and the thought of him leaving my life is unbearable, which is not appropriate since we are both adults, so i should have a greater level of emotional independence than this. please, help
iwanttolearn
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: always feeling like something bad is going to happen

Postby Wally58 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:50 pm

I have known the feeling of dread before and I am sure that I will know it again.
It is when there is a major life change, usually for the worse, but maybe for the better. It is too early to tell at that point.
Give yourself permission to grieve and process the separation. It is a real loss. Good grief can be justified here.
You will eventually move forward from it and the power it has over you won't always be this strong. It may never be forgotten, but being totally emotionally independent at this stage would be unhealthy. Give it time.
Even losses that happened to me years ago may bring an occasional twinge of despair and a sigh, but I have overcome the 'unbearable' part of it.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:53 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Anxiety