Our partner

Is this an anxiety attack?

Self Help Books about Anxiety message board, open discussion.

Is this an anxiety attack?

Postby mynameis1827 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:55 am

I just wanted to ask about people's experience with Anxiety attacks not go into to much detail but whether or not I have them or not is perplexing to me. Basically when I'm about to go to sleep sometimes my mind dozes off to other thoughts, and those thoughts can kind of come into a rush of sorts. It's hard to describe sometimes over something meaningless and stupid, and other more serious things that I don't really wan't to talk about now, but still I digress its just weird. Like this one memory when I was in about the sixth grade I have this memory of saying something dumb in a conversation with some other kids, I was socially awkward even then and sometimes I got made fun of for it, problem is it's like my mind races to the time and I have to shoot up into a sitting position and there is panic, deep panic, but it only last for a few seconds until I lay back down and the panic goes away. This is ridiculous in those cases because the sixth grade was decade ago, kids I knew then are not even people I've seen in years, and something so meaningless shouldn't worry me that much.

I'm just wondering what this is about. Is it a panic attack? Or something else entirely? These do not happen regularly (1-3 times a month tops) and only happen when I'm about to go to sleep which is kind of annoying in its own right. I was just hoping for some pointers on this, thanks for reading this overly long post.
mynameis1827
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is this an anxiety attack?

Postby BiB » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:58 pm

wrong site section
-------

Sorry for my English, Im not a native.
BiB