Our partner

Ideas of reference question

Body Dysmorphic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Ideas of reference question

Postby Ubinix800 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:19 pm

"In psychiatry, delusions/ideas of reference form part of the diagnostic criteria for psychotic illnesses such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, bipolar disorder (during the elevated stages of mania), as well as schizotypal personality disorder. To a lesser extent, it can be a hallmark of paranoid personality disorder, as well as body dysmorphic disorder

So lately I've been doing this course at another college, alls been going well so far, and I've seen someone who I like and I've been showing I like her, even though I have my own anxieties and attachment problems, and I think she has been showing it back as well :) but today something happened.

I overheard the group of people she was with (not sure about her exactly), saying something like "yeah he looks young for his age, kinda slim" (both things of which bother me) in a belittling way when I was walking past and I considered they were talking about me.

So then, I started to think about how she knows I like her but is talking behind my back to her mates and sort of laughing at the whole thing, now I just feel rejected and like I'm being strung along.

Not sure if this is actually the case, they could have been on about someone else but it did seem convenient that I overheard this and both of these things bother me, I mean f*ck they could have been on about anyone but it seemed like it was aimed at me.

Wondering what people here think of this, and if you've experienced something similar feel free to share.
BDD and vulnerable narcissism/avpd traits.
Ubinix800
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Ideas of reference question

Postby El Nino » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:19 pm

It may have had nothing to do with you. But then again women also test you when they are interested. My hunch is you have no reason to be disappointed. Just don't lose your cool. Pass the test.
El Nino
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Body Dysmorphic Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post