Our partner

Will I ever be good enough.

Body Dysmorphic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Will I ever be good enough.

Postby Paeonia » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:01 pm

I used to post here quite a lot and then I stopped. I guess I felt like I didn’t need to anymore, like I had got what I needed from it and moved on. It kills me to come back because it means I’m not in a very good place.

I don’t really have anyone to talk to about my issues because I have hid them from everyone. It’s not that I’m ashamed. I’m just too embarrassed to tell people I have BDD because I don’t want to see the look on their faces when I explain what it is. I can’t bare the thought of them laughing inwardly as I tell them because I know what they will be thinking - she’s just ugly!!!!
I used to have a friend who understood, I could tell him anything and he was always there. But things changed and now I’m trying my best to manage on my own. I think that’s what brought me back here, an open space I can just let it all out.

I have had body image issues for as long as I can remember. The first time I posted here I was 19, I was so young and had all my life ahead of me. Now looking back I feel like I have wasted so many years focusing on why I’m not good enough because of my appearance. I will be 28 this year and almost ten years later the same things that bothered me then bother me now. It’s like I know I’m holding myself back but the reflection I see in the mirror tells me I’m not good enough!

Is it possible to convince yourself you are good enough?
Paeonia
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:32 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Will I ever be good enough.

Postby Snaga » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:59 am

I used to have body issues, but I finally got to where I just didn't care anymore. I started to be okay with myself. And then.. I was good enough.

I mean, I'm not fond of how I look, but I don't let it hold me back.

Tell someone you love them today, because Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, because Life is also terrifying and confusing.

ISFP

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:32 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Body Dysmorphic Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post