Our partner

Photo phobia?

Body Dysmorphic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Photo phobia?

Postby Basher86 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:30 pm

Hello all,

I’m new to this forum, so apologies if something similar has been posted already.

I think I might have BDD, but I’m not sure. My main issue is not being able to look in mirrors (apart from the mirrors in my house), and having my photo taken/seeing photos of myself.

The photo thing is really bothering me and has been for a while. I look hideous in almost all photographs, and although what I see in the mirror isn’t amazing, how I look in a photo is so different.

I’ve really made an effort this year to appear in more photos, as it makes me sad that I don’t have many to look back on due to my past avoidance. However, I don’t feel like it’s helped as I hate all the photos and still feel incredibly uncomfortable in front of the camera. Seeing photos of myself actually makes me feel quite depressed and I really have to build myself up to looking at them - sometimes it takes days to do this.

I really want to get past this, but not sure how. There doesn’t seem to be much info out there relating to this...if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.
Basher86
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:59 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Body Dysmorphic Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post