Our partner

bdd body hair female

Body Dysmorphic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

bdd body hair female

Postby anonymousgirliex » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Well hi, I’m kinda new to this forum thing but after mentally struggling for so long, I felt like this was the place to get it off my chest and to hopefully get some support/advice. So ever since I was 15 (I’m 19 now), I’ve been obsessed over my body hair. In my opinion, I’m way hairier than other girls are. The hair is everywhere; my feet, toes, lower and upper legs, butt, back, stomach, breasts, arms, face etc. It’s not all terminal like the hair on the armpits and head, but it’s, in my opinion, way too long and dark (same brown colour as the hair on my head) to be just ‘peach fuzz’. I’ve stressed out about it for so long, up to the point where it takes up about 80% of my time. I look up solutions and people with the similar problem on the internet, I scrutinize every picture of a girl online, only to find out that she’s not dealing with my problem (assuming that not every girl would remove it). My friends tell me that it’s not as bad as I think it is, and my boyfriend says that he does see it but doesn’t see it as ‘excessive’ and rather as a normal thing, considering that I’m half Asian as well. I’ve looked up other possible reasons on the internet, and I found out about PCOS. I’ve made a doctor’s appointment but i’m scared as hell to go there. One of the symptoms of PCOS is hair loss, and I do notice my hair falling out on my head, but that might just be from all the stress as well.. It’s just too difficult. I can’t go swimming with friends, I’m too afraid to wear shorts or too wear croptops, even sitting in the sun/in the car in daylight is impossible, without checking out my stomach/breasts about 20 times an hour.. I also notice that every other thing I don’t like about my body completely breaks me down, as if this is not enough. When I notice a pimple, I immediately think my acne will come back (I used to have severe acne, treated with roaccutane) or when my feet are dry, I immediately assume I have some kind of infection and those things just get me down even more. Right now, I just don’t know what to do anymore. Even though my friends tell me it’s okay and my boyfriend does it as well, I’m still scared that one day they might start to see me the way I see myself.. I don’t know what I’m expecting now though, it just felt good to finally put it out there. Thanks for reading, and I hope some of you might understand me :).
anonymousgirliex
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:53 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Body Dysmorphic Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post