Our partner

Bad Face Day, Good Face Day

Body Dysmorphic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Bad Face Day, Good Face Day

Postby heracles » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Yesterday I was having a pretty bad face day, close to terrible. Every mirror I looked into showed a face with bagged, wrinkled eyes, pudgy, puffy, lined, saggy.... oooold. I struggled to keep it from getting me down, hoping I could move toward acceptance, though there was angst, sadness and worry in my heart.
Today every mirror showed a pretty good-looking youngish face. Tight, well-defined, acquiline, any lines barely noticable, or to the extent they showed, part of an overall, quite pleasing "big picture".
Is all this due to lighting? Chance? I over-indulged in food a little yesterday. Was it extra weight that made me look so bad?
Or is it also just my mind?
Even now, I know of terrible pictures of myself out there taken in the last few years. But today, I didn't see that. I'm happy about that. But I'm always kept wondering, what do I really look like?
Intermittent, intense angst & sensucht . Covert somatic narcissism/Pseudo-Body-Dysmorphia. Secret, languid schizoid. Dysthymia. Gerascaphobia. Dorian Gray Syndrome. Avoidant. Iatraphobia. Psychiatraphobia. Self-Indentified. Just traits? High on the spectrum? Full blown? Doesn't matter to me. Not on meds. INTJ.
heracles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:53 am
Blog: View Blog (9)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Bad Face Day, Good Face Day

Postby JamesM2 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:35 am

I was thinking about this very thing just before I logged in just now. On Saturday I got up, had a shower, put some product through my hair and looked at myself in the mirror - I was really happy with what I saw and off I went out the door. Yesterday I did the same thing - got up, had a shower, put some product through my hair, looked in the mirror... and saw some hideous disfigured face staring back at me. I had to stay at home as there was no way I was going out looking like that. Same thing today - wanted to go out to run some errands but I look absolutely revolting so here at home I stay.

I'll have to try my luck again tomorrow and see what I look like then. Honestly, it's just a lottery. Some days I win, but most I lose. I can't explain it either, but like you, I have no idea what I actually look like :? I'd like to think that on my bad days it's just my mind playing tricks on me and the real me is what I see on my good days, but I really do fear that it's the other way around.
JamesM2
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:53 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Body Dysmorphic Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post