Our partner

Quiet forums

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Quiet forums

Postby robbi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:49 pm

Hi All - this may be in the wrong place! I was just wondering what other people thought but I find the forums very quiet nowadays. When I first arrived it was very much a saviour for me with lots of posts and support but nowadays it seems quiet.
It is still the wonderful place it was - something I have always put down to positive Moderation. Whatever, its still a safe place.
I have put all this down perhaps a migration onto social media platforms? and the fact that Google and the like don't flag up forum posts and associated forums any more. I have always assumed that has something to do with their wish to direct all those traffic enquiries to commercial organisations and not ground anchored forums. Forums overall seem to be down on traffic.Try it it, it is very difficult to find themed forums on almost any subject. Maybe me but I would be interested in other peoples thoughts
Robbi
robbi
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Quiet forums

Postby 2ost » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:29 pm

Forums are fewer and quieter, agree. Moderation here is still at the ready, to support though. :)

About google flags, I can say nothing, for I always sought actively for themed forums of interest to me. I think, there has been a hype, for a while, which has ebbed away by now.

Social media is the new hype now, I assume (though I doubt, that that really is "better" — thinking of the growing fragmentation of society into separate algorithm-filter bubbles, for example).
2ost
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:12 pm

Postby DistortedOne » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:30 am

Yeah this site is quite disappointing lately. I'm looking to engage others like me but it's like crickets around here. I'm finally getting to a good place again and really want to help others, and just have good discussions but it ain't really happening here now. I'm about to give up honestly.

I personally do not do the social media stuff. No FB, Twitter, Instagram....whatever. Not me. You just can't tell what's real and what's Russians, Chinese, or whoever running their manipulation operations. Most Americans have no idea how bad it really is. Those foreign influence operations are very real and very sophisticated. It's genius really. Internet social media, as it exists today, is an incredible threat to our democracy. That's no overstatement.

I really wish this site had more active participation but it's pretty quiet around here now. I only check in every few days and even that's a waste of time.
Bipolar 1
Sober since May 2018
Not as smart as I think I am

For bipolar:
Oxcarbazepine varies 600mg to 1800mg daily
Bupropion 300XL/day or a few 100SR's
Lamotrigine 200mg/night

For RLS:
Ropinirole very recently was Pramipexole

Plus a few for BP and acid reflux
DistortedOne
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:12 pm

Postby Lucid » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:24 am

I've been on and off this forum for many years. Now i just read deep in the past and remember. There are a lot of burried treasures in the deep. And i think if we just slowly continue to interact, a new wave will come. Because there are hundreds of readers here every day.

Don't jump so fast, there will be more resurgences. This forum has a lot of heart and soul in it. And those who have been here for many years still come around from time to time.
Diagnosed: Aspergers
Lucid
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:12 pm

Postby DistortedOne » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:37 pm

I'll try to keep checking back in at least every few days or so. I may not post but I'll be looking for more activity.
Bipolar 1
Sober since May 2018
Not as smart as I think I am

For bipolar:
Oxcarbazepine varies 600mg to 1800mg daily
Bupropion 300XL/day or a few 100SR's
Lamotrigine 200mg/night

For RLS:
Ropinirole very recently was Pramipexole

Plus a few for BP and acid reflux
DistortedOne
Consumer 1