Our partner

Is this bipolar?

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Is this bipolar?

Postby mmmp2020 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:39 pm

Hello, I am new here. I have been trying to find some answers about myself in order to improve, and this is part of that.

I'm in college, and I do pretty well, majoring in engineering with good grades. I am typically a very neat person, and I very much like to have certain places like my room in order, neat and tidy. I get into these moods where I do everything super proper, following rules and procedures, being clean, and doing work timely. But this can be messed up, and if something happens, then I get really angry and depressed, and I lose all motivation for a while, and this usually leads to my clean spaces becoming messy. The mess keeps me depressed until somehow I get the random energy to clean it all at once and then I am back to working diligently. As this cycle continues, there are times where i like the messiness, even revel in it. Like I could be doing homework in my clean room and then next thing I know i'm off-roading in my car, making it super dirty, and I am loving every second of it. Then later, I don't like the mess so I clean my car really well. I was just wondering if this might sound familiar to anyone diagnosed with bipolar, I wanted to see first before I talk to someone and spend the money.
mmmp2020
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is this bipolar?

Postby quietgirl2538 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:27 am

For me, bipolar doesn't show itself like this I mean, when I am severely depressed everything goes to $#%^. I stop taking care of myself and my home. But it's been years since I've been this ill. I am stable now.

I would personally watch my moods and write things down and you can tell a doctor. But I can only give my experience.

Lots of times, if you are having episodes, it is labeled an episode if it lasts a certain amount of time and it hampers your life or rather, it interferes with daily living, like debilitating depression or hypomania, or mania.

When I am severely depressed I can barely function and life stops for a while. I've seen it last 2 weeks time and then it just goes away on it's own, most times. Other times I need a med change and I see the doctor before it gets worse.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:29 am
Blog: View Blog (131)

Postby CammieMe » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:07 am

Do you find your behaviors to be interfering with your daily life?

I can't tell for sure as it sounds okay to me. However, it is in my opinion to go ahead and ask for professional help this early. If you feel that something is odd, it's okay to spend and find out and maybe do something about it as soon as possible before it gets any worse.
CammieMe
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:29 pm

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:41 am

I would agree with Quietgirl and keep a journal of your moods. Rapid cycling is a thing I experience, so I would keep a journal of moods, generally from morning, afternoon, evening, and see if they stay the same. It's also wise to take note of anything that possibly triggers you. I personally get triggered by certain music, which makes me manic.
Email me if you want a doughnut or some dairy products

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby DistortedOne » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:16 am

I used to be like the OP when I was a teenager. I would be super-neat with what little I had but I was happy and proud of what I had and how neat and orderly I was. Then something would change, probably a trigger of some kind, and I'd revert to my old lazy, messy self. I was definitely depressed again. Now I can look back and see the cycles so clearly. I don't remember a lot of the specifics but I remember being happy and positive about life, only to get triggered by something and crash back to reality, or reality as I perceived it so negatively. It doesn't manifest itself in that way anymore no matter how much my wife wishes it would.
DistortedOne
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby DistortedOne » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:36 am

I want to say that in no way am I judging whether or not the OP is bipolar. I am not a doctor and I am not attempting to diagnose the OP in any way at all. I'm just sharing my similar experience from years ago.
DistortedOne
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post