Our partner

Experiences with Gabapentin?

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Experiences with Gabapentin?

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:23 pm

I don't know much about Gabapentin as a mood stabilizer (or any people who take it), so I'm wondering if anyone here can share what mental health symptoms it has been helpful for?
Bitches Be Tripping. They're me - I'm Bitches.  ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Experiences with Gabapentin?

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:56 pm

Are you considering asking your doctor for it?
Email me if you want a doughnut
ImageImageImage

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Forum Rules

Heck ( • ̀ω•́ )
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:22 pm

I don't know yet.
My psychiatrist and I discussed a number of options a little while ago.

That was one he started to bring up.
I immediately declined, but now I'd like to know more about people's experiences around what symptoms they found it helpful for.
Any particular reason you asked that?
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:55 am

Along with a doctor and my therapist, I also spoke on the phone with my psychiatrist today.

It was only for less than 5 minutes with him, but my therapist got me an appointment with him for September.

I quickly brought up Gabapentin to potentially replace my Lithium, and I must have previously misunderstood him.

He said while he'd consider it for my other symptoms, he doesn't believe it to be evidence based enough to replace something like Lithium (interesting how different doctors view different medications), so I'm dropping the Gabapentin idea for now.

He mentioned things like Divalproex (which I'm familiar with and don't particularly like) and that he feels Tegretol is evidence based enough to try as a replacement which I'll want to discuss at my appointment.

I'm wondering if people here have taken Tegretol and what they thought about it?
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post