Our partner

Been going through a lot, separation, divorce...other things

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Been going through a lot, separation, divorce...other things

Postby quietgirl2538 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:23 pm

I've been very quiet around the bipolar forum for a long while now. I know we don't have to explain our situations. I used to be here and raked over 3,000 posts just in this forum alone. I was very active here for the longest time. Lately, though, I've been going through a separation from my husband. We are getting a divorce. I also went through terrible dips of depression and a few manic episodes during this time. Just getting this out there.

I've been married for 20 years. I was diagnosed with Bipolar I in 2013 shortly before joining here. I OD'd while experiencing a mixed episode in 2014. I'm ok now. Then we started the long journey to becoming stable. Which meant trying many, many drugs to the point of me becoming a sort of expert on meds because of the side effects experienced with so many. No, I am not really an expert on these drugs but I do have first hand experience on a lot of them.

Fast forward to now, things change, and sometimes for the better. My husband has been at my side for many years while I suffered with my depressions and mania. Hospitalizations, everything. I am grateful and love him very much for being so good to me. There are reasons for the divorce. I know many understand this. Having bipolar doesn't mean you have to stay in a relationship because you feel you must. It is still a choice you have. I now work full-time. I'm a mother to 3 teens and I moderate here. I keep my life as stress free as is possible. I see my therapist and the pdoc on my scheduled visits. Things are sometimes hard for me. And they are also good as well. I am moving into our very own apartment, me and my kids. Having joint custody type of set up. My kids love me very much and they know about everything with having to do with bipolar. I am doing better now. Much better. How is everyone? I've just felt so out of the loop. I'm sorry I haven't replied to others like I'd like to. Just been so caught up in my life and my stuff... :|
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:14 am
Blog: View Blog (120)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Been going through a lot, separation, divorce...other things

Postby TheCollective » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:04 am

Sorry to hear about the divorce. ((hugs)) if wanted.
~TheCollective, F. 31

Dx DID, C-PTSD, BPD. Suspect bipolar.
Rx citalopram 20 mg, depakine 600 mg, abilify 5 mg
TheCollective
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:14 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby quietgirl2538 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:46 pm

TheCollective wrote:Sorry to hear about the divorce. ((hugs)) if wanted.

Thank you for your kind words The Collective. This time of year I seem to feel things in a negative the way, the most. I have been working a lot these past days, so that's why it's taken me so long to reply. But I did want to make sure I replied to you. Thank you for the hugs. Much appreciated.

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Lanka » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:04 am

This forum has been dying for a while now, but I feel you can use this more than me..

*Squeezehugs.*

As for the "How is everyone?". I still wander over here sometimes. Happy, sad, planning bestest way to kill myself.. ya know.. as everyone does.
Rapid cycling BP II with side of anxiousness, mixed states and BPD/AvPD-traits.
Meds? Went feral. So far nothing has given me the equal of highs on daily basis.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”
Lanka
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby quietgirl2538 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:14 pm

Lanka wrote:This forum has been dying for a while now, but I feel you can use this more than me..

*Squeezehugs.*

As for the "How is everyone?". I still wander over here sometimes. Happy, sad, planning bestest way to kill myself.. ya know.. as everyone does.

Thanks so much Lanka :wink:

I'm happy you still wander here. Yes I do know what you mean...Been there...

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies