Our partner

Cymbalta

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: quietgirl2538, Tyler

Cymbalta

Postby Pairou » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:50 pm

I began taking Cymbalta (to replace Lexapro) this past Monday. Since then I've had no appetite (which I appreciate), though I get ravenous at night; I've barely slept, leading to disorientation; and often I feel sick, though my pdoc told me that should pass after a week. I've been shaky (maybe due to waking up at 3am after 2 hours of sleep).

Does anyone else take Cymbalta? Are you having/have you had these symptoms?

I'm going to give it a shot anyway. I've learned to let things even out before writing off a new prescription. But I want to know if the sleeplessness and sickness will stop...
Pairou
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Cymbalta

Postby wildchild1226 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:39 am

I took Cymbalta for years and I never experienced those kinds of side effects in the beginning or ever. I would give it a week and and then I think I would consider trying something else. What you are describing is a lot to deal with. Maybe you are on too strong a dose. I hope things get better.
God uses broken things. It takes broken soil to produce a crop, broken clouds to give rain, broken grain to give bread, broken bread to give strength. It is the broken alabaster box that gives forth perfume. It is Peter, weeping bitterly who returns to greater power than ever.
~Vance Havner~
wildchild1226
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:18 pm

Postby quietgirl2538 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:53 pm

Ask your pdoc, if possible, about the timeframe of how long it takes for the drug to actually be effective. I know from past experience that antidepressants can take weeks to actually start working. But as always, just talk with your pdoc, they know best and so do you.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I and ADD
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 6 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day
Elavil (Amitriptylin) 20mg for insomnia
Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 10mg

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby skilsaw » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:16 am

I took cymbalta for a long time. I gained 50 pounds and was constipated the whole time.
The weight gain was probably because I was full of poo. The Sh%t word will get me a reprimand so saying poo like I was a 5 year old is much better.
It is not always possible to make someone's discomfort go away.
Sometimes, the best thing we can do is resist the urge to fix it and instead just say, "You, too?"
skilsaw
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post