Our partner

your visual hallucinations

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: quietgirl2538, Tyler

your visual hallucinations

Postby Son » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:45 pm

I've still experiencing visions, and they have been centered around: being outside and on the street. Yesterday I was seeing dark figures in the street and in the sky. This lasted for 15 minutes. Today I saw a black truck that disappeared after a few beats. They all have a very dream like quality to them. I don't think it's lack of sleep, I've been sleeping about 10-11 hours a night/day.

The content of these hallucinations is somewhat new to me. I've had the "shadow in the corner of my eye that moves" type a lot in the past. But these have a definite shape and are in the center of my vision.

I've seen Mexican deli workers in the city I used to live in, on break outside, that would also disappear as I walked down the street. I saw a woman in a colorful sweater in my apartment. She spoke to me.

I'm troubled by what's going on with me. I was in a suicidal rage earlier this week. And now this.

I suspect my generic Abilify, that I've now been on for a month, is not cutting it.

Now I'm wondering if anyone here has these kinds of visions. Do yours center around dark figures? How long do they persist? Seconds? Minutes? Hours?

And finally, what do you do about them? A friend suggested I practice mindfulness. I feel pretty aware of what's going on. Perhaps simple relaxation techniques will help calm me?
Bipolar I, BPD traits. | 200mg Lamictal, 900mg Lithium, 20mg Abilify

A boy was tangled in his bike forever. A girl was missing two fingers.
Son
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: your visual hallucinations

Postby Pairou » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Relaxation techniques can't hurt.

I see black shadowy cats and people sitting in parked cars and sometimes shadows with nothing casting them. They usually just last a few seconds, unless I'm stressed out. Then they paralyze me.

I'm more prone to hearing things though.
Pairou
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Son » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:16 pm

Pairou wrote:Relaxation techniques can't hurt.

I see black shadowy cats and people sitting in parked cars and sometimes shadows with nothing casting them. They usually just last a few seconds, unless I'm stressed out. Then they paralyze me.

I'm more prone to hearing things though.

Thanks. Yeah mine are usually auditory too. I rarely have such developed visuals.
Bipolar I, BPD traits. | 200mg Lamictal, 900mg Lithium, 20mg Abilify

A boy was tangled in his bike forever. A girl was missing two fingers.
Son
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby skilsaw » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:41 am

my visual hallucination is in the mirror.
I see a young guy with dark hair, rippling six pack and big shoulders.

Reality is not so nice.
Old guy.
Grey hair and a growing bald spot in the back... still invisible in the mirror though.
six pack has become a keg.
Big shoulders just a distant memory. Yesterday I picked up two 40 lb sacks of rock salt to use on the driveway when it gets icy. The cashier suggested I use a buggy to take it out to the car. So humiliating. But actually quite helpful.

I love the hallucination.
It is not always possible to make someone's discomfort go away.
Sometimes, the best thing we can do is resist the urge to fix it and instead just say, "You, too?"
skilsaw
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Postby robbi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi!
I hallucinate but mine are surreal I suppose.
My regular one is Grass. I see it crawling up walls, chairs, TV. I see it grow everywhere, if its on the ground it is held upright by a forest of gossammer threads - my best was GrassMan and his pet Clod. He looks like a male Brown Bear and was as big but with Grass instead of fur. I chat with him when he appears - the last time I was in hospital six floors up and he was floating outside the window. Everyone thought me Nuts and were probably right.

My other one is creating absolutely perfect documentaries of the 1930's produced on early colour film. They are amazing and absolutely perfect in every way; pictures, commentary, storyline et al. My most recent is a 15 minute interview with Adolf Hitler in the gardens below the Berghoff - in perfect colour and a full and complete script. When I play them back I can project them onto any surface or wall. All very weird! I do lots more but they come in bursts then go away. Bonkers!
robbi
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:27 am

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:10 am

My visual hallucinations usually are silhouettes of people. They're either running towards me, away from me, or jumping through walls and what not. I've also seen animals in the past, but that was years and years ago, before I was medicated.

Thankfully, they don't last long. The silhouettes usually disappear after a few moments. They don't come up as often as they used to, but I agree, relaxation techniques couldn't hurt.
Email me if you want a doughnut

Diagnosed: Schizoaffective Disorder Bi-polar type Rapid Cycling.

Medication: Geodone 160 MG

"In a way, you've already won in this world, because you're the only one that can be you."
- Mr. Rodgers.

Forum Rules
Tyler
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:27 pm

Postby skilsaw » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:47 am

I can see your farts.
No kidding. Gross!

Ladies generally produce a pink cloud that sparkles as they dissipate. Remember Tinkerbell flying in the movie Peter Pan? That was gas!
Men, well it it not quite so nice. Kind of xxx rated. Small animals die.

Say no more, say no more.

I'm drunk. Happy but definitely over the limit.
It is not always possible to make someone's discomfort go away.
Sometimes, the best thing we can do is resist the urge to fix it and instead just say, "You, too?"
skilsaw
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post