Our partner

Paranoia

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

Paranoia

Postby user76290 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:31 am

Hello everybody. Anybody else experience paranoia so bad you have trouble leaving your house? This is happened to me on and off for 25 years. It's been about 2 years since this has happened since I was in a manic phase for a year straight. Now I am delusional. I am used to being psychotic and Manic and understand all that. But has anybody ever experienced paranoia where you think people are talking about you? laughing at you? I am kind of in a mixed state coming of a 2-month depression. I think everybody is talking and plotting behind my back. Laughing at me. This causes me to yell and want to talk $#%^ to people in public. Very very agitated. I am isolated and very paranoid to leave my house because I think something bad will happen because of this. Is this more commonly tied to depression? What did you guys do to get out of this. I am mostly in a manic State most of the time. Sometimes depression. I'm not anxious at all. Just extremely delusional. I think people are all plotting against me. They all know me. They're laughing at me. Very disturbing. Is this common with bipolar?
user76290
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:05 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Paranoia

Postby z7z » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:03 pm

I think it's common and a sign you might not be completely stable. And you could think about it differently and just try not to care so much about what other people think. Reminds me of the movie Dark City and Red Hot Chili Peppers lyrics "Psychic spies from China try to steal your mind's elation."
Be kind to everyone you come across because you never know who’s suffering inside.
z7z
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:05 pm

Postby quietgirl2538 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:18 am

Not saying this is what you experience, but I have a hard time leaving the house when I have so much anxiety. I take diazepam to help with that.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:05 pm
Blog: View Blog (124)

Postby CopyCat27 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:22 pm

user76290 wrote:Hello everybody. Anybody else experience paranoia so bad you have trouble leaving your house? This is happened to me on and off for 25 years. It's been about 2 years since this has happened since I was in a manic phase for a year straight. Now I am delusional. I am used to being psychotic and Manic and understand all that. But has anybody ever experienced paranoia where you think people are talking about you? laughing at you? I am kind of in a mixed state coming of a 2-month depression. I think everybody is talking and plotting behind my back. Laughing at me. This causes me to yell and want to talk $#%^ to people in public. Very very agitated. I am isolated and very paranoid to leave my house because I think something bad will happen because of this. Is this more commonly tied to depression? What did you guys do to get out of this. I am mostly in a manic State most of the time. Sometimes depression. I'm not anxious at all. Just extremely delusional. I think people are all plotting against me. They all know me. They're laughing at me. Very disturbing. Is this common with bipolar?

Funny you asked look at my recent post called "The Truman show Experience". It was quite recent that I got out of it thanks to Latuda and valproate. And of course breaking my social isolation. Talk to as many people as you can. This will help massively and if you have family hang out with them. It's a horrible experience to go through so don't let it defeat you.
CopyCat27
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:05 am

Postby Brelaxedhunny » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Wish i could tell you just to pull yourself out of it but that's as easy as flying to mars. I am currently going through a similar experience however I make a point to go outside at least once a day. I live in a small town where everyone really is talking about everyone else. We're all being judged by people that don't have their own crap together. Just try to get the guts up to go buy a candy bar at a gas station today. Tomorrow, who knows, maybe ice cream somewhere. It's a force yourself out of the house situation. I promise nobody is laughing at you and if they are, find something about them that make you chuckle inside, funny nose, weird hair, etc. Like I said, it's as easy as going to mars but hunny you have to literally force yourself out.
Thank you for reading a part of the journey through my bipolar mind.
Brelaxedhunny
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:05 am
Blog: View Blog (8)

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post