Our partner

Looking for support

Binge Eating Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: weepingwillow

Looking for support

Postby penguinpilot » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:41 am

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new here, but I'm so glad to find a site where people are going through similar stuff.

I've been struggling with eating disorders for two years: first anorexia, and now binge eating. It began after I lost my dad and long term boyfriend within two months of each other. I'm a college student in engineering, and when I started classes in September, I just broke, and suddenly started binge eating. I'm afraid to talk to my family about it: they've always seen me as the "anorexic" daughter and I'm afraid if they know about my binge eating now they'd be horrified and judge me.

I'm looking for someone to message via email or this site who's gone through/going through something similar so we can talk about struggles and support each other in recovery. I've been through the wringer once with anorexia, and know how hard it is to recover if you don't have anyone around you who "gets it". I'd totally give advice, pray for, and generally support someone open to this. Recovery is possible, it's just really dang hard doing it alone.

-penguinpilot
penguinpilot
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Looking for support

Postby goldenrose » Wed May 02, 2018 10:20 am

Dear penguinpilot,

I'm so sorry to hear about your past, I hope you are okay. I hope you know that you are not alone in this struggle, I'm also looking for a support buddy and want you to know that I am here for you. Even just reading this forum it is a relief to see that i'm not the only one who has this problem because sometimes it can feel as if no one else would get the struggle of beating this addiction. I'm currently trying/failing to beat this for good and come to terms with why I do this, my emails and messages are always open to you for support or just even to talk.

wishing you well,
goldenrose
goldenrose
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:15 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Binge Eating Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post