Our partner

Binge Eating Support

Binge Eating Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Binge Eating Support

Postby Kitz88 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

Firstly I'd like to say how happy I am to have found this forum. The last few years of my life have been weighed down with shame and confusion over my eating behaviours. To finally identify that I have a problem has lifted a weight off my shoulders and shone a ray of hope into my dark , secretive world.

My binge eating has become so out of control that I am unable to keep food in the house. I also feel that I'd rather 'go without' food than have a crumb that often opens the flood gates resulting in me eating my body weight in whatever food I can get my hands on. This results in days of starving myself and eating nothing at all then falling into a week long binge that consists of gorging , morning , noon and night.

My physical and mental well being has rapidly deteriorated. I used to love wearing make up, getting hair done etc but now I roll out of bed , throw anything on and quickly hurry home after work. I know that this is unfair on my partner as we never go out anymore. Not only does my physical appearance get me down but I feel that I am unable to be around food. I no longer have the ability to go out for a meal like a normal person.

The last few occasions my partner and I have gone out for a meal , I have had to stop at a store or take away on the way home which has resulted in consuming so much food it has made me vomit.

I am consumed with fear when a binge takes hold. I fear that I will slip into a sugar induced coma or that I will cause myself internal damage with the sheer amount of food I am able to consume in one sitting.

I have many friends , family and a partner yet I feel incredibly lonely. I wish I could concentrate on up coming events and my every day life but my every waking thought is consumed by food and eating. I sometimes pretend to go out on errands but I'm just sitting in the car somewhere eating.

I'm feeling incredibly low right now and am just looking for some advice , tips and success stories of how people took their first step towards recovery.
Kitz88
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Binge Eating Support

Postby Holodeck » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:36 pm

First of all welcome, and I'm sorry you too have to go through this.

One thing I've found that helps a lot (seems to keep me from doing it completely) is only shopping every other day or so and switching debit cards with my boyfriend. We both have binge eating issues. When we fully talked out our plans problems with each other, we deposited all cash, and switched cards so we could see what each other was spending money on. Both of us seem to be on track now.

I hope you find something that works for you. <3
Holodeck
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Binge Eating Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post