Our partner

Need some guidance and advice (Newbie)

Binge Eating Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Need some guidance and advice (Newbie)

Postby Lifematters123 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi everyone

Please excuse any typos or bad grammar! I am not a natural writer.

Sorry If I have posted this in the wrong session

I just need a little bit of advice, guidance or stern talking to!

My situation at the moment is not that bad! I come from a small island with close knit friends and family. I do not really have the opportunity to meet new people and I suffer from low self-esteem and social anxiety which has set me back greatly! I am 25 and I live with my boyfriend in a nice flat that we can just about afford. I live 10 minutes from my sister and we share horses together (a great passion of mine, the only thing I feel strongly about). I work with dogs at a kennels; it is long exhausting hours and minimum wage so I am not earning a lot. I know I should have career, earning more money and have a life purpose but I just feel so lost at the moment. Like an empty void with no motivation for anything but eating!

I have been dealing with a binge eating disorder or some kind of bad food habit for about 2/3 years! Lately it has gotten completely out of control, I feel like I have lost myself. Every day I just binge on anything and everything! Telling myself I will start eating healthy tomorrow (Ah I hate it). I am defiantly eating out of habit and cover up my emotions. I just feel like I have no control, some kind of negative presence in me that I am constantly fighting with and it just keeps winning! I know there is a strong, confident and well controlled person in me. I have seen her but I feel like that me has gone and I am forever going to be this emotional mess for the rest of my life.

I tried reading books, listening to podcasts, changing my mind set and not comparing myself to others but my mind is just so foggy. I struggle to think, let alone fight this negative person in me. My boyfriend, friends and family know how I am feeling but I get the feeling it falls on deaf ears. I just feel a bit lonely. I really cannot carry on having this hateful dread all my life!

So any advice or kind words would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)
Lifematters123
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 5:00 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Need some guidance and advice (Newbie)

Postby anismith » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:59 pm

I know it's really hard and thanks for sharing this post. I'm feeling a bit out of control for the last 2 days and writing down the advice below is as much for me as it is for you.

But I think you need to get this "tomorrow" idea out of your head. I have been there so many times (I think I am there now). You do ok on your diet in the morning and then later that day you make a small exception--one little treat won't hurt right? Then suddenly, you have this idea in your head that... well I'm going to start "hard core" dieting tomorrow, so I might as well eat a bunch today as a "fond farewell" to terrible eating...I mean today is already ruined. Then suddenly it's been a year and you are miles in the wrong direction.

It's not easy at all, but start today. Give yourself a month. You do not need to diet or eat healthy for the rest of your life. But give it one month and then reevaluate. See if you feel better or if you are seeing any of the results you want. Eventually you want to get to a place where there are no "bad" foods, but for now I think you need to take some control to prove to yourself that you can.
anismith
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 11:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Binge Eating Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post