Our partner

Today I admit to myself I have a problem.

Binge Eating Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: weepingwillow

Today I admit to myself I have a problem.

Postby Safireyes » Fri May 05, 2017 3:05 pm

Hi everyone! So today is tbe day that I am admitting to myself that I have a binge eating problem. I am a 31 y/0 wife and mother of three. I am struggling with obesity.
I don't know where to start. I just ate an entire container of chips ahoy cookies-family size. In less than 15 minutes. I feel disgusting, depressed and hopeless.
Help!!
Safireyes
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Today I admit to myself I have a problem.

Postby SomethingElse » Fri May 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Hey Safireyes,

This is revolutionary. I can`t sufficiently explain how great it is to identify a problem that has been living its wildest dreams in the expense of your life.

Now although this first step was difficult on its own, you`re gonna need to pump out more acts of courage for the next step. Although this state that you mentioned of binge eating or feeling
disgusting, depressed and hopeless
seems as bad as it gets, the journey towards ridding yourself of this state will be harder than hell.

When you binge eat you need to endure shame, and diminished self worth beliefs, but let me tell you, when you are actually dealing with this in that you don't binge eat when you want to, you are dealing with firstly your body's trauma, since it is used to high calorie intakes when it wants it, your doubts, as to whether or not what you're doing is worth not feeling that pleasure of just eating everything at once, and many other things that you could not have anticipated.

This is not to discourage you, but to prepare you for the obstacles that stand between you and the finish line. And although these numerous unpredictable obstacles may appear before you, you are not as helpless as you may think. I will tell you the one weapon that when carried, trumps over any described obstacle. Willpower. The ability to feel like $#%^ and still move forward.

This is not a normal endeavour. This is life changing. I applaud you for getting this far. Move forth now into becoming your true self. Show your children what a strong and beautiful mother you truly are.
───▄██▄─────────────▄▄
──█████▄▄▄▄───────▄▀
────▀██▀▀████▄───▄▀
───▄█▀▄██▄████▄─▄█
▄▄█▀▄▄█─▀████▀██▀
SomethingElse
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Zemmy89 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:08 pm

HI, Safireyes.

I had a chat about binging with my doctor today and she made a suggestion I pick something I don't like to eat next time I get into it. For me, that's vegetables. Not sure how I'm going to do that, but I hope it helps at least a bit. Maybe you could try it out as well?

Good luck to you.
SPD | SAD | ENTP | true neutral | asexual
Zemmy89
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:00 am

Postby anismith » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:05 pm

I second Zemmy. When I feel I want to binge I will force myself to drink water or eat a bunch of carrots/celery. It doesn't have to be something you hate, but it has to be something that is 1. hard to binge and 2. is not highly caloric. This really helps me a lot when I feel the urge to binge. Also, if there is a food that I start binging, I will put it down, spray it with windex, and throw it in the trash (this might not be feasible for you as a mother as your kids may want to eat those).

I used to be super obese and I remember feeling hopeless... like I'd never be able to fit into normal clothes or get on track. You really can change things I promise you. You just need to remember how you feel right now. When you get the idea that those cookies or whatever are going to make you feel better. Remember this moment--they don't.
anismith
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:00 pm

Return to Binge Eating Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post