Our partner

Avoiding Binge at Party

Binge Eating Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: weepingwillow

Avoiding Binge at Party

Postby Pepinotje63 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:00 pm

Hey!
I have had a binge eating disorder for about 7 years, but I'm finally working hard on recovering. I was wondering if anyone has some tips on how to avoid binging on or after a party. Having the availability of food and drinks at eg birthday party is usually a trigger, especially if alcohol is involved.
Thank!
Pepinotje63
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Avoiding Binge at Party

Postby Zemmy89 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:19 pm

This might seem strange but I won't eat at parties or when I'm visiting someone because I'm afraid I'll start eating like crazy so I just eat at home first. When at a party I find it so much easier(than when I'm visiting someone) because everyone's talking and I'm always running around the place without sitting down. Sitting down is dangerous! If you see food, run the other way! :lol: Once you get a taste, it will be hard to think about anything else but food. I swear, this might be a little bit extreme but not eating anything will save you.
SPD | SAD | ENTP | true neutral | asexual
Zemmy89
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:23 am

Re: Avoiding Binge at Party

Postby anismith » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:54 pm

I always have this same problem. One thing that helps is if they have veggies or other things, just load your plate with them and eat a bunch. Also drinking lots of water also helps to make you feel full enough. I try to not be near the physical food too as the other poster suggested. If you are talking and are near the food, your brain may just mindlessly eat.

I personally stay away from alcohol at those things because I know if I drink alcohol there is almost no chance I won't be able to avoid binging. I also agree that not eating anything that your mind sees as "bad" will be the best way to avoid a binge. It's very easy to get into the mindset of "well I'm already wet, so I might as well get soaked".
anismith
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:23 pm

Return to Binge Eating Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post