Our partner

eating at night

Binge Eating Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: weepingwillow

eating at night

Postby barnowl » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:27 pm

hi,
i am starting to think i mght have a binge eating problem and it makes me want to cry.
when i was younger i had anorexia then over the more recent years have been put on lots of psych drugs which made me put on weight and eat more.
Now every night I just get this urge to eat everything in sight. Its always bed time ish, say 9pm, and I read a book before bed and I just want/do eat a load of junk food while reading.
It doesnt make any difference what i eat in the day or for tea. I can eat relatively little in the day or normal, but its always the same at night. I know I want to lose weight but when it comes to 9pm theres no will power! :roll:
i wish i had the determination i used to have. i do need to lose weight but i just cant get out of this habit. :(
any ideas how to break the cycle? i have tried hot drinks, different foods, not buying certain things, but doesnt really help. i will even go to the shop at 9pm if i have to, and cant stop myself lol
barnowl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: eating at night

Postby TameQueen » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:37 am

I go shopping twice a month and only buy a weeks supplies at a time. I don't eat the best, but I find that if its not there you cant eat it. Start drinking more water. It really does help. Also stop buying bread or any deserts. If you want a sweet, buy hard candies. They have less calories. Eat dinner around 5pm and a snack around 7pm. Snacks include cereal, soup, etc. Soup will change your life.
DX: Nihilist
TameQueen
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Postby barnowl » Wed May 29, 2019 8:05 pm

thanks for the reply, you make it sound so simple.
but literally if there is no food in my flat I will go out and buy it, im like a crazy woman.
I;ve never really liked soup :( I do eat cereal but then I can have 3 big bowlfuls. :cry:

I feel so depressed I have just had enough of it all. even if I dont eat I still put on weight.
barnowl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:22 pm

Postby maninthebox » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:39 pm

I have the exact same problem barnowl. I can go all day without eating but when night time comes, it's game on. I would eat all night if I didn't stop myself. I do the same thing with pouring almost a whole box worth of cereal in a bowl and eat it in one sitting and then get something else. I started on a bootcamp diet last week and so far I've stuck to it and not had many cravings. I fear relapsing though. *mod edit*
Last edited by realityhere on Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Privacy; pls see PM sent.
maninthebox
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby LisaPisa » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:06 pm

barnowl wrote:hi,
i am starting to think i mght have a binge eating problem and it makes me want to cry.
when i was younger i had anorexia then over the more recent years have been put on lots of psych drugs which made me put on weight and eat more.
Now every night I just get this urge to eat everything in sight. Its always bed time ish, say 9pm, and I read a book before bed and I just want/do eat a load of junk food while reading.
It doesnt make any difference what i eat in the day or for tea. I can eat relatively little in the day or normal, but its always the same at night. I know I want to lose weight but when it comes to 9pm theres no will power! :roll:
i wish i had the determination i used to have. i do need to lose weight but i just cant get out of this habit. :(
any ideas how to break the cycle? i have tried hot drinks, different foods, not buying certain things, but doesnt really help. i will even go to the shop at 9pm if i have to, and cant stop myself lol

It depends on which medication you are on. There are some such as Mirtzapine that increases your carb cravings and slows metabolism. But I'm not a doctor so perhaps research your medication on such sites as drugs dot com It may not be your fault!
LisaPisa
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Binge Eating Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post