Our partner

eating at night

Binge Eating Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

eating at night

Postby barnowl » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:27 pm

hi,
i am starting to think i mght have a binge eating problem and it makes me want to cry.
when i was younger i had anorexia then over the more recent years have been put on lots of psych drugs which made me put on weight and eat more.
Now every night I just get this urge to eat everything in sight. Its always bed time ish, say 9pm, and I read a book before bed and I just want/do eat a load of junk food while reading.
It doesnt make any difference what i eat in the day or for tea. I can eat relatively little in the day or normal, but its always the same at night. I know I want to lose weight but when it comes to 9pm theres no will power! :roll:
i wish i had the determination i used to have. i do need to lose weight but i just cant get out of this habit. :(
any ideas how to break the cycle? i have tried hot drinks, different foods, not buying certain things, but doesnt really help. i will even go to the shop at 9pm if i have to, and cant stop myself lol
barnowl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: eating at night

Postby TameQueen » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:37 am

I go shopping twice a month and only buy a weeks supplies at a time. I don't eat the best, but I find that if its not there you cant eat it. Start drinking more water. It really does help. Also stop buying bread or any deserts. If you want a sweet, buy hard candies. They have less calories. Eat dinner around 5pm and a snack around 7pm. Snacks include cereal, soup, etc. Soup will change your life.
DX: Nihilist
TameQueen
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Re: eating at night

Postby barnowl » Wed May 29, 2019 8:05 pm

thanks for the reply, you make it sound so simple.
but literally if there is no food in my flat I will go out and buy it, im like a crazy woman.
I;ve never really liked soup :( I do eat cereal but then I can have 3 big bowlfuls. :cry:

I feel so depressed I have just had enough of it all. even if I dont eat I still put on weight.
barnowl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:14 pm

Return to Binge Eating Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post