Our partner

I'm new here and just had another binge

Binge Eating Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: weepingwillow

I'm new here and just had another binge

Postby rpm2009 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:56 pm

I have been in other recovery from alcohol, cigarettes and now food. But from what I was told the food issue was first. When I drank or smoked(at least for awhile) it kept me from over eating. Now that I have given that up now I have this issue which has been really hard. I have a lap band but it doesn't work because it's more emotional for me and I didn't eat that fast. Also take medication for allergies, depression, and now Nexium for heartburn. This has been my whole life trying to fun from things and I'm almost 62....I'm wondering if I am ever going to get this....I sure hope so. Anyway, any input would be greatly appreciated..... :)
rpm2009
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I'm new here and just had another binge

Postby RecoveredCO_59 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 am

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear you have been struggling so much. I have sponsored several wonderful people with addictive personalities who found that after they dealt with alcohol for instance, it was food that was really the core addiction. So you are not alone for sure! I'm 59 and it took me until 6+ years ago to finally recover from binging on sugar. I haven't had a binge since I faced the fact that I couldn't do it alone. I had absolutely no control once I started to eat sugar. My compulsive eating had other symptoms too like obsession with my weight and body image. Finally through the help of a 12-step program I recovered. I don't know if it works for everyone but it did for me. I am totally free of food obsession and don't need a food plan. I hope this gives you some hope that there is the possibility of recovery from binging. I truly hope you find freedom from the prison that compulsive eating puts us in.
RecoveredCO_59
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:24 pm

Re: I'm new here and just had another binge

Postby ijustwannabenormal » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:58 am

I ate so much I'm going to puke from it. i'm so uncomfortable and nauseous right now.
ijustwannabenormal
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:24 pm

Return to Binge Eating Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post