Our partner

Ahhh this probably sounds strange??

Open discussion on BDSM
Forum rules
================================================

The BDSM Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss BDSM as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Ahhh this probably sounds strange??

Postby indigodere » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:10 am

So I'm in my first dom/sub relationship. It feels pretty natural, honestly. Something I feel kinda weird about in hindsight is that while I'm a girl, my sub calls me "daddy" which we both like (and I call him my good boy in return). I guess I'm just kinda looking for affirmation and advice? I can't find anything similar to the daddy dom for girls. I'd also sort of like to find any good resources for being a good dom, since I'm rather new at the whole thing.

thank you!
indigodere
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Ahhh this probably sounds strange??

Postby Gemini_Incarnate » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:29 pm

If you're wanting to know what he should call you, Female doms that play "Daddy dom" type roles are usually referred to as Mommy dommes. They aren't as common as their male counterparts, but they do exist. Of course, if you actually enjoy being referred to by a male term, then more power to you .

As for being a good dom? Well, that depends on many factors. Most BDSM forum sites have detailed guides and suggestions for many types of BDSM , But here are a few general things to keep in mind:

* In all relationships communication and trust are important, but this is especially true for BDSM relationships. Try to reserve a time for you and your sub to talk as people outside of your roles, amd never assume that he'll be okay withh something that has not been discussed beforehand

* If your forms of discipline involve some type of impact-based punishment such as spanking or Flogging, then be careful when administering these punishments, especially if you're angry or annoyed: It's very easy to hit someone harder than you mean to when you're upset.

* If some sort of restraint or movement restriction is being employed (bondage, cages), make sure you stay near him. This is a safety issue more than anything.

* Make sure that the experience is one that you will both enjoy. BDSM is a partnership.

-- Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:30 pm --

If you're wanting to know what he should call you, Female doms that play "Daddy dom" type roles are usually referred to as Mommy dommes. They aren't as common as their male counterparts, but they do exist. Of course, if you actually enjoy being referred to by a male term, then more power to you .

As for being a good dom? Well, that depends on many factors. Most BDSM forum sites have detailed guides and suggestions for many types of BDSM , But here are a few general things to keep in mind:

* In all relationships communication and trust are important, but this is especially true for BDSM relationships. Try to reserve a time for you and your sub to talk as people outside of your roles, amd never assume that he'll be okay withh something that has not been discussed beforehand

* If your forms of discipline involve some type of impact-based punishment such as spanking or Flogging, then be careful when administering these punishments, especially if you're angry or annoyed: It's very easy to hit someone harder than you mean to when you're upset.

* If some sort of restraint or movement restriction is being employed (bondage, cages), make sure you stay near him. This is a safety issue more than anything.

* Make sure that the experience is one that you will both enjoy. BDSM is a partnership.
Alters:

Levi [INFP]
*Meow* ^^
Aaron [ESTP]
"Live and let live, lest bigotry be the death of us all."
Gemini_Incarnate
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Ahhh this probably sounds strange??

Postby kevs099 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:22 pm

It would be hard to call strange, what is the standard? That's the beauty of role-play it has countless variations each unique, no two exactly the same. Sounds like you are having fun, no I wouldn't call it strange because in no way does it sound like you are in distress
kevs099
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to BDSM

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post