Our partner

Choking

Open discussion on BDSM
Forum rules
================================================

The BDSM Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss BDSM as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Choking

Postby Niima » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Hello, at the risk of sounding like a noob, if this has been posted before please give me a link I would love to read it!

I have just recently been introduced into the BDSM world. (Almost two months ago) I do really enjoy it, I am a Sub to a wonderful Dom. He's very protective and caring, no problems there. I only have two issues. He wants to face ###$, and choke.

I can barely wear a turtleneck. :cry: He is very okay with never doing this to me if I don't feel okay with it. But it's something he really

I was looking to see if anyone has had this done to them, any tips, and anything that could possibly help me :mrgreen:
We're going to practice soon and I am already sure this is going to take a LONG time.
Niima
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:32 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Choking

Postby OrphanSovereign » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Are you positive that he is well educated regarding the throat anatomy and where to place his hands and squeeze as to not damage your throat or neck?

That's the primary concern. People that don't know what they're doing can literally get people killed with things like this. We suggest attending classes (take a look on fetlife or contact your local community's leaders to find some) so that you are both well educated prior to playing so that you don't get hurt.
Dx »»» ptsd+bpd+did+panic disorder nos w/agoraphobia+ocd+depressive
    disorder nos+insomnia+fibromyalgia+ibs+migraines+endometriosis

Host is a combination of Nini & Nokomis
        Nini - 8yo, fem, original
        Nokomis - 21yo, ftm, protector
        Kura - age unknown, male

we sign posts as needed
OrphanSovereign
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:32 am

Postby MJH2013 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:46 pm

I second OrphanSovereign's concerns: are you sure that your Dominant knows what he is doing and knows the warning signs when it comes to strangling? Additionally, please keep in mind that unlike other BDSM activities choking never gets any easier or less dangerous with practice, and that one mistake can send you to the hospital. If he wants to choke you hands, one of the better approaches I have observed is to gradually deepen the pressure around your neck, and to stop when he notices that you are not able to breathe properly- this prevents squeezing too hard (which can potentially damage) and grants immediate response when your Dominant needs to let go.

If you two want to try ligature strangulation, I would recommend that you both take as many classes on that particular activity as possible- in addition to getting rather advanced anatomy books and reading them together to avoid any unpleasant accidents. Additionally, keep in mind that this form of strangulation is infinitely more dangerous than the previous form as response time is inherently lowered when letting go.

Breath control is always dangerous, but it can be highly rewarding and erotic if done properly. But, please keep the risks in mind and make sure that your partner and you both understand the risks, and have a system to quickly express that something is not going according to plan. But please, if you are interested in this, do not let these risks discourage you from participating in it. Just use them to be more informed to what your partner will be doing to you. And above all have fun with it- my submissive tells me the feeling is unlike any other.

Best of luck and best wishes,

MJH
MJH2013
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby newtochoking » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:18 am

I'm also new to this. As in started last night with a new girl. Didn't know before we got to my place that she was a sub and into being choked. Well I gave it a go and really liked it. Originally she only wanted a little choking but we soon went as far as making her pass out. And then we did it again. Many times. I am ex military and know a good deal about cpr, first aid, buddy aid and first responder medical aid. I know also from military training that it does not take much pressure crush the throat and kill someone. I really like taking it to the point where she is trying to pull my hand off, eyes glazed and her legs twitching, till she falls limp and so does she. But I want to know from someone with more experience in this the dangers, best/safest techniques, and any other things I should know so we can do this safely. Bringing her to the brink of death, or suffocation, is amazing for both of us but I'd rather not kill her by accident, even if I could bring her back.

She came back yesterday after i gave her a breath once only to drop again a second later needing another breath Before she was OK to breath on her own. We took a break after that for a bit but we both soon wanted to do it again And did. Like I said, while I like it I don't want to kill her.
newtochoking
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:32 pm

Postby FeroLucem » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:11 am

I can tell you how it looks from the point of view of a person, who simply loves it.

Last week I had it done to myself by an experienced dominating woman. She was surprised by how far we went though. The most important thing is to think very carefully about every aspect: the strangled probably will not be able to speak, so you need a sign. In some cases he/she will not be able to use his/her hands to give you a clear sign. So you have to make sure it will be something you as the dominating party will notice. We should also keep in mind the fact that you are not merely excited - you are aroused and may miss the sign if it is something that can be missed.

The last time we did it with this woman I almost passed out, but we were prepared. She was sitting on the bed, I was sitting on her legs, facing her. My hands cuffed behind my back. She used a scarf. We had agreed to have two signals: with one of my hands, as they are cuffed behind my back, I would squeeze one of her legs when it is tight enough. Or a bit more. It is up to me to decide and I would always go one step further, so it is really tight around my neck, I cannot breathe at all.

Then she would keep that position until the second sign: second squeeze with my hand comes when I cannot go any further without oxygen. She would keep it a bit longer, a couple of seconds and we both know it.

The most important factor though remains TRUST. Of course, additional excitement comes from doing it with a person you know just a little, but then you have to accept the risks, involved. I did and it was rewarding beyond belief...
FeroLucem
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:32 pm

Postby Callalily » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:35 pm

Hey there, I'm a noob myself who is trying to learn how to do this. Agreed that it is a scary proposition but there are ways you can prepare yourself for it on your own so you are ready when the time comes. Many singers and musicians have to hold their breath for minutes at a time in order to perform, and there are many resources for how to do train yourself to do this. I practice holding my breath every day using some of the breathing techniques opera singers use and the difference is noticeable. A lot of it is mental -- you must focus on remaining calm. The initial urge when you can't breathe is to panic. Practice feeling steady and in control.

Face ######6 has its own unique challenges. If you're anything like me, it's not difficult to control your gag reflex when you are in control, but when it's being done to you its a whole different ballgame. Again, I would say practice. Get a toy and mimic the act. Learn to breathe from your nose and between thrusts. Learn to completely relax your throat, think of it as a hole. You can and should train your gag reflex too -- your dom is not gonna be very happy Ir you throw up on him!

It's funny, there's a myth that in BDSM is about the sub surrendering control and that really isn't the case. Subs must have a tremendous amount of discipline and self control. Don't even get me started on the body's natural response to anal! (Hint: enemas are your BFF. :) )

I thinks if great you're willing to try this since it will mean a lot to him. Good luck to you! Please let me know if you find things that work. :)
Callalily
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (22)

Postby tiggy » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:53 am

Choking can be very dangerous. There's a difference between putting pressure on veins to stop blood flow to the brain, putting pressure on the windpipe to stop airflow, and putting too much pressure on the voice box, breaking it and accidentally killing the person! Get medical advice from a doctor before attempting any of that for real. As for face****ing, you might do it in the morning before you eat unless he has a vomit fetish and doesn't mind cleaning up after. One of my favorite fantasies is tying someone up, putting an open mouth gag on them, and forcing them to take me down their throat for a while...
tiggy
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Return to BDSM