Our partner

Social isolating

Avoidant Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Re: Social isolating

Postby lilyfairy » Fri May 08, 2020 9:48 am

That makes it harder on you, definitely.
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:37 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby thegentlepath » Fri May 08, 2020 2:21 pm

The challenge is asserting myself without being a total witch. It’s helpful to remember most people need to be told something multiple times before it sinks in. That, & practicing patience for myself & others. It’s more incentive for me to practice self-care so I’m less likely to be short-tempered.

How are you doing lilyfairy?
thegentlepath
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:37 am
Blog: View Blog (109)

Postby lilyfairy » Mon May 11, 2020 11:06 am

I don't assert myself often enough- often when I do, I've copped criticism for it, so I find it confusing on whether it's ok for me to do or not, and I often lean more towards not and try to push things aside.

I'm ok. Thanks. Struggling a bit. I'm dealing with some chronic fatigue type symptoms at the moment and am trying to make myself go walking each day, but I'm either not motivated or too tired. I'm usually at the gym everyday. There were all these things I was going to work on during isolation, but not much has come off really. I'm thinking my mood drop has come from the fatigue more than anything.
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:37 am

Postby Borut » Tue May 12, 2020 12:21 pm

One thing I've noticed is that I am less avoidant about contacting people online, such as older friends. I feel like this is connected to my lack of self-worth, now in quarantine I have more an excuse to contact people, as I know people are bored and have time. I think I suffer from both social phobia and avoidant personality disorder. I would say I tip more towards AvPD, if I had to choose one of them.

*mod edit- inappropriate*
Should you even try and be productive the whole day?
Borut
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:37 pm

Postby Philonoe » Sat May 30, 2020 6:51 am

i often walk... with the virus i was more vigilant - looking if there are some people around, runners etc.

Now i recover the feeling of being elsewhere. i enter in my thoughts while walking. just sometimes i notice some squirrel, a tree or birds singing.
Philonoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Previous

Return to Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post