Our partner

Dealing with 'reactions' from strangers

Avoidant Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Dealing with 'reactions' from strangers

Postby Ubinix800 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:25 pm

How do you deal? You know feeling bad about yourself that day, and having other people stare at you a lot and looking at you a certain way, and anxiously judging the situation to think they're making fun of you.

Lets put out heads together to get over this.
BDD and vulnerable narcissism/avpd traits.
Ubinix800
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Dealing with 'reactions' from strangers

Postby lilyfairy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:51 am

Not sure what to do to help it really, other than trying to ignore the feeling, but I do understand the feeling very well.
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:13 am

Postby Cantkillme » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:18 pm

I have felt this way sometimes as well. This is what helps me. Think to yourself that this is just your AVPD making things seem much worse. Also keep in mind that if people are judging you unfairly they are the ones with a problem, not you.
Cantkillme
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:13 am

Postby auralia » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:24 pm

I feel the same way. I avoid social interactions even if i'm just walking pass someone I avoid looking at them as I am afraid I will see judgment in their facial expression. I grew up in a judgmental family and classmates bullying me. So now my brain is just wired to think that everyone else in the world will judge me. But you are not alone feeling like everyone judges you.. I also feel similar things you feel
auralia
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:13 am

Return to Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post