Our partner

Avpd and Social life

Avoidant Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Avpd and Social life

Postby evelina » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:30 pm

Hello!
I'm new here, I'm so glad I found this forum. English in not my mother tongue, but I'm trying my best. :)
So, I'm not diagnosed, but I have most of the "symptoms", and I really believe this is it, since few years ago when I first read about avpd.
Well, I'm not sociable at all, I'm very shy around people I don't know. So the potential for me to meet new people and hang out with them or even become friends is very low.
I have a good friend that lives in another country, and in my city i only have one 'friend', well we are not so close we only meet once in a month or so. And I have a boyfriend for the past few months.
I always wanted to have a lot of friends, but then when I'm around new people I can't really connect with them..
I'm seeing a therapist, I haven't made it to overcome it yet. Sometimes I hope that something magical happens and I will become "normal". :|
Anyway, this is my story, thanks for reading it! I'm very happy i found this place where I can relate to many of the posts I read here. I wish my English was better though, so I could be more clear.
Cheers
evelina
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Avpd and Social life

Postby AArgon » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:41 pm

Sometimes I hope that something magical happens and I will become "normal". :|

It doesn't work that way. If people improve it's more of a slow gradual thing. There was a woman on here called shadowterra who did years of CBT and finally graduated to something like normal. I guess. I'm sorry that no one has respond to you until now.
AArgon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:09 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post