Our partner

People make me so anxious that I can’t even watch tv.

Avoidant Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

People make me so anxious that I can’t even watch tv.

Postby WhatsMyDxAgain » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:47 pm

If they’re not making me anxious they’re pissing me off because they’re so frikkin happy and normal.

Anybody else experience this?
My diagnoses:
C-PTSD
BiPolar 2
Avoidant Personality Disorder
Major Depression
Social Phobia/panic attacks/flashbacks
Agoraphobia
Autism
GAD

Meds:
Vraylar 1.5mg 1x/day
Klonopin 1mg, 3x/day
Trazadone 300mg at night for insomnia
WhatsMyDxAgain
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: People make me so anxious that I can’t even watch tv.

Postby lilyfairy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:58 am

Yeah, that's why I now live alone.

But yes, I get extremely anxious being around other people. Nothing really has to happen, nor do we have to be interacting- it's just being around other people. Thinking that they are judging me usually.

The happy and normal thing bothers me at times too. I used to have a therapist who would keep trying to challenge me on the idea of "normal" which I argued was just "more average and not disordered".
The happy and normal bit really bothers me when I am around couples who are big on public displays of affection.
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:01 am

Postby evelina » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:38 pm

Hello! I'm new here. People on tv make me anxious and sad for the fact that all of them talk about how many and very good friends they have, that seems to be the "normal" way, to have lots of good friends. And me having almost none makes me feel bad about myself. Like it's my fault and i'm a horible person for not being able to have friends. But deep inside i know its due to psychological reasons, but still, it makes me feel like a looser.
evelina
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Postby evelina » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:44 pm

lilyfairy wrote:Yeah, that's why I now live alone.

But yes, I get extremely anxious being around other people. Nothing really has to happen, nor do we have to be interacting- it's just being around other people. Thinking that they are judging me usually.

The happy and normal thing bothers me at times too. I used to have a therapist who would keep trying to challenge me on the idea of "normal" which I argued was just "more average and not disordered".
The happy and normal bit really bothers me when I am around couples who are big on public displays of affection.

My therapist also does that, about the idea of normal, but seing almost everyone around you to be in a certain way on their social lives, it makes it "normal" in my mind, i don't know
evelina
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Postby Philonoe » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:30 pm

evelina wrote:Hello! I'm new here. People on tv make me anxious and sad for the fact that all of them talk about how many and very good friends they have, that seems to be the "normal" way, to have lots of good friends.

In my experience people who brag about friends are usually uncomfortable with friends.

(people on tv make me anxious too)
Philonoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:01 pm

Return to Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post