Our partner

I'm on the Autism Spectrum and...

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

I'm on the Autism Spectrum and...

Postby Rainbowgirlfan1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:03 pm

I'm on the Autism spectrum and I don't think like everyone else. Sometimes the way I think has even stirred up conflict between me and other people. For example when I refuse to do stuff & insist on doing stuff my way. Or when I have an obsession with a tv show or a gadget and others have a problem with it. I just don't think like everyone else. I have even caused problems for myself with the way i think.
Rainbowgirlfan1
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I'm on the Autism Spectrum and...

Postby Rainbowgirlfan1 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:46 am

And sometimes I make assumptions that everyone thinks as I do. I think like a child yet i'm 40 years old.
Rainbowgirlfan1
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:40 pm

Re: I'm on the Autism Spectrum and...

Postby serpand » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:26 am

If you are different from everyone else around you, and if you question the fundamental behaviour patterns of people which are alike, they will defend themselves has they are protecting their own balance. You learn from experience when it comes to relationships, thinking like a child means you need more of those. Everybody assumes that the way their mind works is identical in its fundamental process to others around. If you have a structure different from everyone else then its expected for you to make many more mistakes based on the previous assumption then others which are more alike. Good news is that mistakes will teach you alot about yourself and others. Your balance is harder to achieve, but its also more rewarding.
serpand
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:40 am

Return to Autism Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post