Our partner

What can I do help my brother with this sexual problem?

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

What can I do help my brother with this sexual problem?

Postby harmonica » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:05 am

I wasn't sure what forum to post this in, but my brother has had extreme problems with his autism lately and has gone to a therapist and has gone on medication for it. I talked about his problems before on this previous thread:

So basically my bro was having a lot of problems with women as well and he would start going to places, which me and my parents were not sure. We thought maybe he as going to see prostitutes or something like that cause of his trouble, so my parents will sometimes not let him have the car.

So my parents made him go see a therapist and the therapist put him on medication. Basically he was feeling super depressed and shameful cause of women always rejecting him and his involuntary celibacy over the years, making him feel inadequate.

So after about a year of going on the medication, it has completely changed him around, but in a bad way. He has become extremely hostile towards women. If they reject him, he will be turn into a complete bully and be rude towards them, insulting them with the most fowl, and misogynistic language and attitude, I have ever heard from him. I have never seen him talk or behave this way before, to women or to anyone for that matter! He use to be such a nice person, but he has turned into a completely misogynistic, narcissistic ass$##%, towards the opposite sex, and I don't know what to do about it.

I mean I think it's the medication but my parents do not think so and are not relating it to that. But it seems like it makes sense that it is, since he started taking it about a year ago, and now he is transformed into this person, who is almost a monster, if not one already. I had a talk with him about.

He said that before he was super depressed to the point where he didn't even want to talk to anyone, which is true... and now that all that shame has now been replaced with pride. But it's a narcissistic pride. He says that be being this way towards women he is exercising his divine right, not to be treated as inferior compared to others, and will not turn the other cheek for any more rejection cause of his autism.

He has turned into sort of a Malcolm X type when it comes to autism, but perhaps even more extreme in attitude. Maybe that's good, and it's what we in the autistic community need (I'm autistic as well), or maybe it's bad. Maybe having a misogynistic pride, is better than feeling shame, if the opposite sex has treated you bad, like he says in his case...

But nevertheless, he is still doing better than he was before, since he can actually function now, where as before he couldn't near as much cause he was so full of shame and depression.
harmonica
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What can I do help my brother with this sexual problem?

Postby InquisitivePursuer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:45 pm

So after about a year of going on the medication, it has completely changed him around, but in a bad way. He has become extremely hostile towards women. If they reject him, he will be turn into a complete bully and be rude towards them, insulting them with the most fowl, and misogynistic language and attitude, I have ever heard from him. I have never seen him talk or behave this way before, to women or to anyone for that matter! He use to be such a nice person, but he has turned into a completely misogynistic, narcissistic ass$##%, towards the opposite sex, and I don't know what to do about it.

Perhaps the medication somehow brought out his shadow side that he'd been keeping concealed prior to having been put on them.

I mean I think it's the medication but my parents do not think so and are not relating it to that.

Have you inquired why they're inclined to disbelieve and look elsewhere for the probable cause?

But nevertheless, he is still doing better than he was before, since he can actually function now, where as before he couldn't near as much cause he was so full of shame and depression.

Well that does seem like a change for the 'better' eh.

Better to be actively hostile by actually reacting instead of just getting eaten away within.
InquisitivePursuer
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:06 pm

Re: What can I do help my brother with this sexual problem?

Postby serpand » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:11 pm

I think it's a natural reaction. When you get a lot of emotional beating, now he is no longer depressed, he fights back. He needs to talk a lot about his past problems to let the steam out. He needs psichotherapy, to help him rearrange all of his defensive/aggressive thoughts fed by pain. He needs to cope with the fact that he needs women and he needs to get to know them before he may establish relationships. This is not easy because he had a lot of bad experiences and this together with autism will make it hard to relax and get to know people. My suggestion is that you find a friend of yours and when he is stable just try to hang out with him just the three. Playing some board game takes the tension off the need to socialize.he needs positive experiences in the meeting people field to reinforce that behavior.
serpand
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Return to Autism Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post