Our partner

Mothers of autistic children

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Mothers of autistic children

Postby LittleHallucynation » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:17 am

Are there any more mothers of autistic children? What's your story? I have found the way to diagnosis hard. When my son was a few week old I have asked whether he could have autism. He didn't eat well and in some way seemed to not ask help in a proper way. Okay, this should be translated to baby language of course. Except from this I had an extremely easy child, who was very active and I was told not to worry. His motor development slowed down after he turned six months. At Age two the childcare complained about antisocial and hyperactive behavior. That made me angry with them and we left. As a tot his stubbornness was extreme, he still peas in his pants at six years old and since a few months is becoming aware of it. School pushed us to seek help. Because diagnosis was at first done quick and sloppy and I was young I have been accused of forms of child abuse i didn't know existed.
Dx: schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, dependent personality disorder
LittleHallucynation
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Mothers of autistic children

Postby LittleHallucynation » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:06 pm

He is now in a special school and we do a course of sensory integration. The Waldorf school was almost cruel with psychological problems.
Dx: schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, dependent personality disorder
LittleHallucynation
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Autism Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post