Our partner

Help me Aspergers, PTSD, and Munchenhausen syndrome

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Help me Aspergers, PTSD, and Munchenhausen syndrome

Postby Thundercloud1991 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:14 am

Ok, let me start by saying this is probably a very complicated situation and I know I may not be able to get much help on here but I want to ask anyways.

Let me give you some background on my life and everything that has happened in my life.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome when I was in 4th grade and really struggled with it most of my life growing up. I was bullied quite a bit in school and struggled my way all the way till 10th grade. In 10th grade quite a bit changed in my life when I was invited to help manage the basketball team at my school and very quickly I was bullied less and less. I actually did very well for the next few years, went to college for 1 year but struggled there too so decided it was not for me. Well eventually I was married and then my wife got pregnant with our first child. After she gave birth however her health went downhill to the point that we had to move in with my family as I had to stop working to care for my wife. She wound up passing away from cancer in 2014. While she was sick I spent days/weeks/months on end in the hospital with her. Well afterwards I now have thoughts about what I can do to myself in order to get me sick enough to put me in the hospital over and over again. I have done things like go in the restroom at work and hit my head against the wall over and over till my forehead has a huge knot on it in order to get them to think I fell and hurt myself and go to the ER, I have faked passing out and falling down the stairs to have them treat me like trama, I have used an IV kit that I took from a hospital to cause me to bleed into the toilet in order to say that I threw up blood. I do have a few real medical issues including high blood pressure and migraines and some GI issues that we really dont know what is up there but in general most of my "health issues" are self caused/faked. I have remarried and my wife and I still live with my parents as I have quite a bit of debt due to all of the history. My wife also has a number of health issues herself but those are all real and I would never do anything to her through MBP I have no thoughts of that. Heres the thing I want to have help as I know most of this is probably PTSD from everything that is going on (I forgot to mention my daughter has been diagnosed with the same thing my first wife had which is a lifelong battle with a rare form of cancer and my son passed away earlier this year at 5 days old after being born at 25 weeks). I know that if we are able to treat my underlining PTSD and related things there that more than likely the Munchenhausen symptoms would abate too. Here's the problem my parents are the kind of people that if I mention any of this to them they will really look down on me as a result because they will be mad about all of the lies I told and will basically not trust me with anything. I also dont want to give my new wife any reason to not trust me ect. How can I do this?
Thundercloud1991
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Help me Aspergers, PTSD, and Munchenhausen syndrome

Postby houses » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:45 am

can you talk to a therapist? are you on your parents' insurance? seeing a professional can help.

i'm sorry you've gone through this. i hope that you will feel more content soon.
hi i'm houses

autistic + ADHD + OCD + bipolar ii
currently taking: lamictal 150mg BID & bupropion 150mg BID & ativan 2mg PRN
houses
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Autism Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views