Our partner

Special Interests

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Special Interests

Postby CanFrogsHaveBPD » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:04 pm

Human enhancement, weapons and armor from just about any era or region, psychology, biology, neuroscience, maybe some I forgot. I also want to get a moped and maintain it myself so I acquired a pdf of a very comprehensive textbook on automobile maintenance and I'll start reading that soon. The last time I actually felt my special interest instead of just doing it was the initial phase of 3D modeling where I thought about nothing else and did it for 10 hours a day for 2-3 days and I felt euphoric the entire time. Now I don't get enjoyment from doing any of this but I do it anyways.
CanFrogsHaveBPD
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun May 19, 2019 6:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Eurus » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:54 pm

My little cabinet of curiosities contains:

Bones

- Camel skull
- Fox skull
- Sheep vertebrae
- Human vertebrae
- Human scapula

Dried or stuffed

- Puffer fish
- A Blue tit
- Salamander
- Rabbit paw
- Weasel

In Formaldehyde or alcohol

- Two stilborn kittens
- Two stilborn puppies
- A Rabbit heart
- Two rabbit heads
- A seagull head
- Cerebella
- Turkey Ovaries
- Rooster testicles
- A lobster
- An albino axolotl
- Siamese plums
- Duckling
- A kitten embryo (2cm)
- Two small snakes
- A tarantula
- Some mice

In polymethylmethacrylate

- Prefrontal lobe
Which one is pain?
Eurus
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 3:34 am

Postby Truly_happy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi, people. :)

Active Interests:
Crocheting anything and everything. (Right now I'm making scarves that look like fur, but not by using the faux fur yarn. I use a wire brush to fluff the surface! It takes patience.)
Animal Jam: Play Wild. (It's a game for kids.)
Coloring.
The Sims 2!!! (Creating custom content, building thematic neighborhoods. The theme now is nature/the stoneage. Plus, I have DID, so we love to make self-sims.)

Inactive Interests:
Drawing.
Reading.
Day-dreaming/making up stories. (I can't do this now that I've found it creates alters ... Cullen and Imre (see my signature) were fictional characters once. Also, I could never write my stories, so I don't mean that writing was an obsession, just the creative process.)
Psych Forums ... but it may be coming back!

And then there are things I'm not proud of that I wish I wasn't obsessed with ... but I'll be okay.

---

@WhatsMyDxAgain - No way are you fake: you are normal for an autie. My obsessions change, too. There are plenty of things I LOVED but eventually became tired of. It isn't consistant obsessions that come with autism, it's obsessions period. You can totally obsess over a topic and burn-out on it, repeat.

As a general comment, I wonder why cats are a common interest here.

- Marcella
We are the Neighborhood, a large, co-conscious DID system.
Outsiders:
Imre ("EEM-ruh") - male, 20s, compassionate
Cullen - male, 13, loves life
Marcella - female, 30s, zesty
Pip - male, 12, happy

Threads | Journal
Truly_happy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun May 19, 2019 8:34 pm

Postby mjfan4Eva1007 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:18 am

My special interest right now is Michael Jackson especially in the Jackson five (I have a massive crush on him) and music/singing.
but I have had many others including birds (parrots), anime, Japan, North Korea, horses, and my favourite band called Sonata arctica.
mjfan4Eva1007
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 2:34 am

Postby KitMcDaydream » Sun May 12, 2019 3:44 pm

I've just played Breath of the Wild' (Zelda) through on Nintendo switch and really enjoyed it, not as linear as most games so if you find the main quests hard you can just do the side quests or just riding round on the horse finding treasure chests. loved it so much that when I finally completed it 100% I've started it again from the beginning while I wait for the next one to come out!

I got into the adult colouring craze a while back quickly collected loads of pencils, pens and books but haven't actually coloured much since last year (though I've been on Zelda every day since xmas!). I've got a dog to care for too so have his walks, training, feeding,spending time with etc to fit into everyday, his needs gets priority over everything else.

That's about it as physical issues mean I tire easily and need to rest frequently thoughout the day.

I like nature though and live rurally so me and the dog visit nature parks frequently to see the wildlife!
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby KitMcDaydream » Sun May 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Truly_happy wrote:Hi, people. :)

Active Interests:
Crocheting anything and everything. (Right now I'm making scarves that look like fur, but not by using the faux fur yarn. I use a wire brush to fluff the surface! It takes patience.)
Animal Jam: Play Wild. (It's a game for kids.)
Coloring.
The Sims 2!!! (Creating custom content, building thematic neighborhoods. The theme now is nature/the stoneage. Plus, I have DID, so we love to make self-sims.)

Inactive Interests:
Drawing.
Reading.
Day-dreaming/making up stories. (I can't do this now that I've found it creates alters ... Cullen and Imre (see my signature) were fictional characters once. Also, I could never write my stories, so I don't mean that writing was an obsession, just the creative process.)
Psych Forums ... but it may be coming back!

And then there are things I'm not proud of that I wish I wasn't obsessed with ... but I'll be okay.

---

@WhatsMyDxAgain - No way are you fake: you are normal for an autie. My obsessions change, too. There are plenty of things I LOVED but eventually became tired of. It isn't consistant obsessions that come with autism, it's obsessions period. You can totally obsess over a topic and burn-out on it, repeat.

As a general comment, I wonder why cats are a common interest here.

- Marcella

Just wanted to say Hi. I also had used to fantasize incessantly and create characters I thought would help solve 'real life problems' they'd then become real life alters who fronted for when any interaction with others was needed. I've never seen anyone else with autism mention this! (other than the author Donna Williams).

I also had obsessions that stayed intense for years to the point of burn-out. In my younger years it would involve celebrities being part of my fantasies. Though since my 40's my fantasies have changed and haven't included other people. The last intense one was centered around WW3 and nuclear war and me and my dog being sole survivors going round and feeding and caring for all the animals left behind when everyone else had evacuated!
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Autism Forum