Our partner

adult adhd

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: adult adhd

Postby CompulsiveTherapy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:01 pm

JPKAS wrote:
Aw mann...Ilike the one anxiety when asking for things I have anxiety about everyday things like going to the store or handling money. I'm 19 too..I haven't even learned to drive because I don't feel I can do it XD. But I think I'm this awesome person, so I wouldn't say I have low self esteem. Just doubts in certain areas . Mainly about getting ajob..which I gotta do..bleh..

I know exactly what you mean! I did not learn to drive either; mainly because I wasn't in a position to in regards to money, but mostly because I didn't think I would be able to remember everything or I was terrified of doing something wrong. It is the anxiety side of things that annoy me even more, I know where you are coming from on that. When I was taken on at my job I almost called in sick the first day of training because I didn't want to get something wrong and look like a fool. I am going to the college in a couple of weeks and the letter confused me a little bit so I shut it away in the hopes if I ignored it somehow it would go away - obviously it won't and I intend to deal with it on Saturday...

What's the betting I won't though, hmm? Haha. I have never been in the college before and I am going on my own... which is a deterrent if ever I saw one. I think I am quite an awesome person too, haha. Although derogatory comments I have endured for most of my life no doubt introduced me to the low self esteem, but that's another story entirely. The thing is though, I was so petrified when I first got my job but when I look back on it now I laugh at myself for being scared of such a thing. For me it's just getting past the initial fear of doing whatever it is - I just wish it was easier to do.
CompulsiveTherapy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby sabrdawg » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:13 pm

JPKAS wrote:I love the toy department of Walmart hahaha. I pick up everything and go oooo ahhhh ooooo.

Lol ditto! I finally got a diagnosis at 25 when, after having seen a psychologist for a very short time in preschool (which ended when he went on leave and he never reconnected with my parents) and years of knowing that something wasn't quite right, I decided to take it into my hands and find answers. It's definitely an eye opener and it was good to find out that despite years of my parents giving me the whole, "there's nothing wrong with you" spiel, my suspicions were right after all! :)
Normal is overrated :D
sabrdawg
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:10 pm

Postby Trusen28 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:55 am

My brother was also diagnosed with ADHD, at first, he refused to take an assessment. But we were able to force him and now he is taking his medication. It is hard to cope with his inattentiveness, sometimes he refused to go to school but now he's showing a bit improvement
Trusen28
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:10 am

Postby Trusen28 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:59 am

In addition, we're planning to take him on a behavioural therapy as a treatment for an adult with ADHD. We've read that it's effective in changing the behaviour of a person.
Last edited by lilyfairy on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed
Trusen28
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:10 am

Previous

Return to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post