Our partner

Two sides split? Switching from logical to emotional?

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Two sides split? Switching from logical to emotional?

Postby DoDecaDon » Fri May 28, 2021 5:17 pm

What would this be called? When you suddenly pay way too much attention and lock yourself out of your emotions?

I seem to have two versions of myself one that pays a lot of attention all at once and one that pays little attention and feels more emotional etc. But there doesn't seem to be much inbetween, when I switch to the logcial part it's hard for me to acsess my emotions again for a while. When I'm on emotion i forget to pay really any attention.

What is this called? A split personality? Is it part of adhd?
A.D.D, Anxiety, Depression

Dissociation
DoDecaDon
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:13 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Two sides split? Switching from logical to emotional?

Postby Snaga » Fri May 28, 2021 11:29 pm

I'm not sure myself- I've never thought of myself as having the 'H' part of ADHD- although attention deficit definitely has been a lifelong problem. I've never experienced anything like that. I'd say sounds vaguely dissociative, and I see you've poked around those forums a bit. That, or some sort of personality disorder traits, maybe? That wax and wane maybe.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:13 pm

Re: Two sides split? Switching from logical to emotional?

Postby DoDecaDon » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:14 am

Snaga wrote:I'm not sure myself- I've never thought of myself as having the 'H' part of ADHD- although attention deficit definitely has been a lifelong problem. I've never experienced anything like that. I'd say sounds vaguely dissociative, and I see you've poked around those forums a bit. That, or some sort of personality disorder traits, maybe? That wax and wane maybe.

Thank you for the reply Snaga. I believe some of this could be to do with my old therapist. I believe they have been actively trying to lock me out of my feelings with the flight or flight response. I am angry at them. Hurting pretty badly actually at the moment. Realized I have no pictures of myself from my younger years, none were taken. My brother had a folder called family pics, in it he had pictures of mum, dad the cat but not me. I feel rejected massively. I always tries to support my brother.

I wonder if he resent s me for the metal health stuff. I did struggle with the undiagnosed a.d.h.d and anxiety. He has always had this competition with a childhood friend of his, everything is involved even family. Maybe he is ashamed of me because the depression made him look bad. I wonder if they think I deserve it all, like it was a decision I was consciously making that resulted in me in this situation feeling depression etc so intensely. Brother even questioned if we were really brothers after I had a breakdown. Got to keep trying but a little lost as what to do really.
A.D.D, Anxiety, Depression

Dissociation
DoDecaDon
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:13 am

Return to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post