Our partner

medication interactions - a little help pls

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

medication interactions - a little help pls

Postby Psychxx » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:35 pm

i have been taking methylphenidate again. but we're trying a short dosage (i'm sensitive to psicoactives plus less addictive). i started out on 5mg once in the morning. all fine 0 side effects. i did not need to go to sleep at 19h00 after a day of work. i started drawing again, tiding up my house again.. all going well. then last weekend my son did not allow me to sleep at my sleeping time and i was having trouble getting to sleep. i tried some valium i had laying around 2.5mg slept nice and easy. had these weird extremely sleepy periods of time randomly plus feeling woozy zero ability to concentrate. for two days. could this be due to interaction between the valium and the methyl? what if there was a higher dose of cloxazolam involved? if anyone could help with this i would apretiate it. my mum sort of likes to 'medicate' me out of prescriptions. i have already alerted her of interaction troubles that had been communicated to my doctor - due to the valium thing - and suddenly i was fine.
Psychxx
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: medication interactions - a little help pls

Postby Psychxx » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:48 am

Also could not eat for two days. Extreme nausea. Any help would be appreciated.
Psychxx
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Wally58 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Valium can be very dangerous. It has been described to me as 'alcohol in pill form'.
Typical drug interactions and side-effects are listed, but not everyone will experience these 'common' reactions and one might even experience a severe reaction that isn't listed!

Not every harmful drug reaction case or indication can be noted, although the medical authorities try to be as accurate as possible about covering potential drug reactions. There is always the legal disclaimer about not every interaction and side-effect can be predicted.

It is very important for you to speak to your doctor or pharmacist (chemist) about what happened. They know your drug sensitivity history and have your charts.
None of us can give professional advice here. This is a peer-support forum.
Best of luck to you. :D

https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions ... alium.html
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:55 am

Postby Psychxx » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:33 pm

Yes I did thank you. He told me Valium might not have been the best choice. He gave me something lighter. And said not to mix anything at all. I haven't. Have not had any other weird effect.
Psychxx
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:43 pm

I don't care what it is or how innocuous- if it's not two things I haven't mixed before I'll run to the drug interaction site. There are so many things that do not play nice with each other including a lot of 'natural' stuff.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:55 am

Postby Wally58 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:53 pm

The meds, or even things like vitamin supplements, herbals and homeopathics can interact.
My doctor gave me a prescription for Vitamin D3 (4000 IU) and at the time, I was seeing a urologist for urge incontinence.
The computer at the pharmacy immediately blocked the D3 script due to D3 affecting calcium absorption and therefore causing the possibility of bladder stones.
I found this out after I stopped by to pick up the vitamins. It did this without human intervention and is programmed to look for risky drug combinations.
I'm glad that you and your doctor found something better for you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58

Local time: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:55 am

Return to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post